Insert on F986110

Stavors

Hi List,

I am trying to find where the insert to table F986110 actually occurs. I assume it is in some C code somewhere but I have not yet been able to find which module it is in.

Can anybody help, we want to capture and modify certain data elements prior to the actual insert.

Thanks if anyone can point me at the appropriate place.

Andrew

Andrew,

I think JDE did not release the source code for this . . . however you should be able to do what you want thru a database trigger (not a OneWorld table trigger).

Cheers,

You can do the triggers via the JDE trigger, you just have to have the software deployed to the pathcode indicated by the server's jde.ini

Good tip Peter. Will this will work for any OneWorld "system" table? Just curious.

I still prefer the database trigger route though unless you need something from the JDE environment. Why? Because a DB trigger will be faster and will definitiely track ALL changes to table (including SQL fixes). Just my preference.

Regards,

Yes, that is where JDE looks for system table triggers.

I prefer JDE triggers, otherwise, you can get caught out on how JDE stores the values.
Also, F986101 as a case in Point, you may need to call a BSFN in the trigger to extract information from a blob fields and then use that information in the trigger.

Back