INFO on upgrading from World

JGUY

I was wondering a few things. First of all, our company needs to upgrade our system from World 7.20. I am just in the beginning stages of seeing what i should do. I am aware that ERP 9 is going to end Coexistence for JDE. My question to anyone is should i upgrade to OneWorld, OneWorld Xe, ERP 8, or ERP 9. WE have been planning this upgrade for a few years now but have been putting it off, untill we really had to upgrade. Is there anyone in the same boat as we are, and if so your advice would be great.

Thank you
J Guy
Business Systems Manager

I'm curious as to what you need in OneWorld, that's not in world A73? We
decided long ago that the cost to upgrade to OneWorld (i.e. $500K
counting the new AS/400) would not buy us anything that we didn't
already have other than GUI interfaces...

JGUY,First a correction. Co-existence ends with ERP 8. ERP 9 is not due out until later this year (possibly next) and is not a necessary upgrade. ERP 9 is designed to take advantage of UNICODE. JDE has conversion tools that allow customers to move from A7.2 to ERP 8, but it is a multistep process. You must first upgrade WorldSoftware to A7.3 cume 9, then convert/upgrade to OneWorld Xe then convert/upgrade to ERP 8. There is no direct path. You can convert partial data before your full production conversion for process testing in ERP 8. If you have additional question, let us know.

Hi

We are thinking of going to ERP 8.0 From WoldSoft.Can we migrate directly from WorldSoft To ERP 8.0 (Direct Path) Or is it required to upgrade to XE before going to ERP 8.0?
Please give me full details.
Regards

Coexistence ends with OneWorld Xe, not ERP 8. There is a direct migration available now from A7.3 (cume 9 or above) to ERP 8. So migration from A7.2 to ERP 8 would be a 2 step process. First A7.2 to A7.3, and then A7.3 to ERP 8.

Hi Mike
As per JDE's KG Document, we can migrate Worldsoft(A7.3 Cume 9)to ERP8.0 Directly.There is no need to Upgrade A7.3 to XE . Is it Correct?
Regards

Sathish,It appears to be true. JDE has programmed out the data conversion to Xe. I have not tested it and so would be a bit skeptical at first. If you look at the KG document (and it is solely for the AS400/i-series) you must first be at A73 cume 9. You must then apply and execute (with LOADRUN) the table conversion programs. This converts the data tables to the ERP 8 format. You then run the data conversion with the exceptions as noted. This process does not address the conversion of databases (UNIX, ORACLE, SUN).

sathish_bm <[email protected]> wrote:Hi MikeAs per JDE's KG Document, we can migrate Worldsoft(A7.3 Cume 9)to ERP8.0 Directly.There is no need to Upgrade A7.3 to XE . Is it Correct?Regards
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=W&Number=54342
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList World™ mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

World, OW B733X and Xe

Back