Infinite Loop Detected - P085568 Open Enrollment

Deb S.

We are having a serious issue with our Open Enrollment process and wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing. The problem is with application P085568 that is going into an infinite loop on form W085568A on hidden button click of ProcessStatement line 305 While Loop. Although there does not seem to be anything wrong with the code logic, it is randomly spinning this statement into an infinite loop. This then is causing the Web Server to go to 100% utilization and basically crashes the whole system. We haven't been able to replicate in a test environment. Therefore, we are not sure if it is the number of users or some other odd combination that is going on. We are on E1 9.0 Tools Release 8.98.4.2.

We have been talking with Oracle and they seem to have had similar reports from other clients. The response was other clients just 'suffered' through it. I am pretty sure it is because they are still trying to figure out the issue as well. Likewise, we cloned P085568 and added some custom code for our purposes. Although the error that is occurring has nothing to do with our custom code, Oracle, of course, does not want to help. We are now caught in this nasty loop of having to reboot the server whenever this process spins out of control. This is frustrating on so many levels. For us we have about 1,200-1,500 users on the system and it is occurring about every hour (but not in a repeatable time frame as it is depending on the user activity). Any thoughts/help on this matter would be much appreciated...thanks!

Deb S,

I'm not familiar with W085568A, is there an asynchonous call to a business function or something involved? That could conceivably be affected by the system slowing down a little due to the number of users on it. If this is the case it may by worthwhile to change it to a synchronous call.

Something else you might be able to do, since you have already modified the form, is add ER at the appropriate place to record information (may be to a text file on the server) to allow you to trouble shoot the problem.

That's my AUD 0.02 worth, I hope it helps.

Back