Incomplete work done by R31802

jdeconsult2002

[frown]
Hi Freinds,
This is a great one.

It seesm due to some security set up for a particualr user, R31802 run by that user has done a partial job by updating all relevant fields in F4111, F3111, F3112 F4801.
However, it has not done any updation of F0911 and somewhat wrong updation of F3102.
Now this is a juggler.
Another user who ran the same job, has led to the creation of only the IC entries in GL for the same set of WO but with a different batch no then the one assigned in F4111. (this batch in F4111 does not exist in F0011 or F0911)
So no IM and IH entries are created and to add to the misery, R31804 has been run and improper IV entries have been generated. (unfortunately they were not reviewed in proof mode).

Now since it is a huge batch, we are attempting to :
1. Reverse the IV entries currently created
2. Create IM journal entries by picking up the amounts from F4111 itself ( as F30026 costs may have undergone some changes between that day and today)
3. Create IH journal entries
4. Upload the above JE thru batch process (assigning the same batch no and GL doc no whihc are already assigned by the system)
5. Record variance entries by computing the balances in the WIP accounts.

Anyone who has worked on something similar. Would be great if u could share your experiences- good or bad

URGENT PLEASE

Best Regards,

TEJ

Well, you appear to have a nightmare scenario. I am concerned that you managed to get to this stage in the first place. Your description appears to be a little vague as to precisely what the problem is. You infer that it is a security problem.

If so then I can say that I have seen this before and it is serious. The easiest mistake for users to make is to omit the Work Centers from the User's Business Unit Security. Hence, when they run the R31802 they are unable to see the Work Center Rates. The Unnacounted Units within F3112 all get cleared but no Journals result (IH). Once the Unnaccounted Units are cleared then there is nothing you can do about it unless you have some magic "undo" routine or reverse your data to some backup state.

Your 'other' user created "IC" Journals - this indicates that the security problem does not extend to the F4105/F30026 Costs. It also implies that the Unnaccounted Units in F4801 were not cleared in the earlier run of R31802. This means that no completions had occurred before the first R31802 ran. Your batch numbers in F4111 and F0911 are red herrings in this case. However, I am mystified as to why you are not getting IM transactions. The Cost of these also comes from F4105/F30026 and the Unnaccounted Units are in F3111 - this sounds more like a timing coincidence - when the first R31802 was run there were no Completions but the Issues had occurred to the Parts List. The first User had no security to pick up the Costs so the Unnaccounted Units were cleared in F3111 but no Journals resulted.

The R31804 works purely on the data compiled into F3102. After it is run in update mode you cannot run R31802 again for that Work Order. It is a one-way street. There is no way back unless you wish to knife-&-fork it (as you have chosen). Most users write it off to experience. In my experience this process is setup by an expert and tested again and again and again with Production Security to ensure this nightmare never happens.

The use of the Proof mode is useful after any changes to the AAI's or Security is made. However, in a stable environment, I just let the update modes run overnight in scheduler. The Work Order Completion Status from P31114 can trigger the final phases of R31802 and R31804 but you can usually engineer the Scheduler so that you get one day's grace before the R31804 runs on your Work Order.

The only experience I have of reversing Mfg Journals is for the correction of Inventory Data Integrity problems. If the On Hand Balance is wrong but the WO recorded the Issue or Completion then my preferred method has been to develop a custom application. This application writes negative quantities into the F3111 or F4801 without updating Inventory. Then the P31114 or P31113 transaction can be performed again to write the Cardex and on hand balances without leaving Unnaccounted units. The opposite solution could be used to write back Unnaccounted Units back into F3111/F3112/F4801, without changing the Cardex or On-Hand, and allow R31802 to be run again. Integrity is maintained and you get your Journals. However, you need to be careful of the WO Scrap as it is calculated from the net of the Scrap fields in F4801 and F3102.

Hi MARK,
Thanks for your quick reply and your concerns on the issue. It is, i agree a nightmare scenario.
Also, just a word on your suggestion.
If i populate the CTS1 fields again in F3111 & F3112 and run the process of R31802, it will again populate my F3102 (which has largely been populated correctly in the earlier cycle). And hence when i run R31804, the variances will be fired again based on the new data in F3102 which will be wrong.

Further, my item component costs in F30026 may have undergone some changes between that day and today as a result of which i will have integrity problems again as R31802 will use the current F30026 costs.

Your quick views will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

TEJ

Back