Import purchase order from third party

jefzapata

jefzapata

Hello!
We are trying to link one of our third party software who's used to purchase mecanical and other industrial piece for our productions lines.

We want to being able to instantly report the purchase made in the JDE PO tables (F4301, F4311...). We want to use activity rule, acknowledgement routing, etc...

I see that Z file can help us with this (F4301Z1, etc...), but it's not very "live", because we must set a report for processing the row inserted, and this will be looping very frequently, that sound very uninteresting.

I would like to know if I could be able to call JDE business function from external system, or any other way that will be faster that waiting for the report treatment...?

Thanks for your help!
Jef

Jef,
There are many ways from Z as you said to most real time but bit costly Business Services.

There are Master functions already designed in JDE which you need to call in sequence to generate an order in real time. There are many ways and adapters available which you can use to do it from external system. Refer Interoperability guide for more info.
I would suggest you get some good technical guy to do it if you are not much technical.

Thanks,
Chan

Hi Jef!
The method you choose will greatly depend on how to catch and handle errors.

If you were to call Business functions directly, you'd need to have proper error-handling down the line (so user of the 3rd party system would be notified if the PO was not created for some reason). The calling application/3rd party system would have to check for return codes etc. from the bsfn call and notify the user.

I know it's not terribly sexy, but i have always favored the EDI/Z tables as the logging you get from using these is great and you can easily monitor and re-process the data in JDE in case of errors(invalid item/supplier etc.) I don't think the overhead will be that bad, you can have the processing UBE run over the Z-tables every minute or use table triggers to call the UBE:s to process records in Z-tables (some programming required)

In all implementations i've been participating in, we've been benefiting tremendously from having records in the Z/EDI tables for logging and error handling purposes

However, if you want to interactively notify the user of the 3rd party system that the PO was not created in JDE, calling Bsfn:s/services directly would be the way to go.

Hope this helps

/Aarto

Because I need something fast, but I don't want to catch result in the third party software, I really love the idea of the trigger on the table for calling the UBE. Thats great!

I've evaluated all the API way possible, and thats too much complicated and to expensive in development time. ZFile is the best way to preserve data integrity.

Thanks all!

Hi Chan,

We are running EOne 8.0. Are there Master business functions available to create sales order in real time? If yes, can you please point me to some documentations.

Thanks
Gautam
EOne 8.0, Windows 2000/SQL 2000

Back