HTML security

hkdba

Hi list,

When I remove the column and row security from my user profile, do I need to restart the Websphere? I can see the changes reflected in my fat client, but not in the HTML client.

Cheers,
Alvin

ES: AIX 4.3, 4 CPU, 4G RAM
Web: Websphere running on AIX
DS: NT
DB: Oracle 8.1.7

Hi Alvin,

In our experience, security changes require a refresh of the websphere instances before they will be seen on the web. Do you have a spare instance for testing? It can be very useful for testing any changes / regenerations which may require a refresh before being available to end users.

Maria

Hey Alvin,

Yes all security changes need the cached to be refresehed, quickest and most inconvenient way is to bounch the websphere instance.

You might also want to place the following setting in your JAS.ini.

[CACHE]
Security=43200000
# These intervals are in milliseconds. For example, 60000ms = 1 minute

This will ensure that your security cache will be refreshed at sometime without having to bounce the server.

Cheers
Paul J

Hi Paul,

I noticed a problem about the Security parameter of the [CACHE] section of the jas.ini. Indeed, this parameter is set to 3600000 ms (1 hour), but when i made a change in F00950 security (action security : remove access to an OK button in a screen), and connected with html client more than 1 hour after, and the change was not effective. I checked again about 2 hours after the change : still not effective.
This morning, it's finally effective ...
So my question is :
Is this parameter really working ?
Are there any other parameter that impact security cache refresh ?

Thanks.

Antoine.

Back