HTML client w/Citrix Issue

jgersic

jgersic

Reputable Poster
We have an issue using the HTML client with Citrix as a published/seamless application and are hoping another client may have witnessed it before / come up with a resolution.

In JDE, at completely random times, when you do a form or row exit, the app will do nothing. If you clear the history/files on the browser and try again, it works properly.

This behavior only occurs on the Citrix based browser (IE6), on a direct/local copy of IE it works fine.

We have reduced the number of times this occurs on the citrix side by internet options/general settings and selecting to check for changes on every visit to the page - but the bahvior still happens at random times.

We have even seen this behavior with our Peoplesoft Enterprise instance. And again, cannot duplicate the issue on IE run from a client directly.

Searched the Oracle-Garden and could not find anything even close to this. We assume it has something to do with the caching of pages on the Citrix side, but so far no luck in troubleshooting it further.

Anyone witness such behavior??

Bueller....Bueller....

-john

Try turning of local caching on the Citrix Browser

A: Internet Explorer may not be respecting the expiry-related headers in the response.

Disable local caching in Internet Explorer and experiment (to clear offline content in the browser, go to Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files > Delete Offline Content). Once that is done, the page should have fresh content when accessed again.

or you can also play around with this...

Excessive internet cache

On Windows computers with large hard drives, the Temporary Internet Files folder used by Internet Explorer can become excessively large, causing too much of a delay in the time required to save the Launch.ica file and then retrieve it for use by the client.

To resolve this isue, clear the browser cache:

In Internet Explorer select Tools > Internet Options.

Select the General tab.

In the Temporary Internet files section of options, click Delete Files.

Note: You may also want to click Settings to decrease the amount of disk space to use for the Internet cache.

Thanks for the reply - yes, that is what we are doing now, clearing the cache files, but then it occurs again at random times - so not a permanent solution.

I was intrigued by the first line of your reply 'turn off the local caching of the citrix browser'. I have forwarded that onto our Citrix admin to see if he can do anything with that.

I am just worried that although this is hardly a 'show stopper', when you throw in people who are just learning the system...support calls will be nuts!

I'll let you know how/if we get resolution on this.

-John

Re: HTML client w/Citrix Issue - update

Just an update - it looks like we may have resolved the issue regarding HTML+Citrix. The issue did indeed lay with Citrix. After working with Citrix for awhile, we found other applications (Peoplesoft in particular) had the same issue when used with Citrix and could not be duplicated with a regular connection.

The problem was with the Citrix client on the end-users' machines. We had to downgrade the client from the most recent version to an older one - apparently this issue was introduced with the newest Citrix client. Since downgrading the client we have not had the issue with either Peoplesoft Enterprise or JDE.

As I am not the contact for Citrix for my company I don't know the version numbers involved - but if anyone is interested let me know and I will post them on here (just gotta get ahold of the Citrix person here)..

-John

Re: HTML client w/Citrix Issue - update Citrix Versions

Got it:

ICA client 9.2/9.23 was downgraded to v 9.15

Back