html and printer paper type

JMR

VIP Member
I am not very cnc literate and we currently do not have access to the cnc knowledge level required to troubleshoot this, so I thought I'd throw out to the List...

Problem: using html, when we go to batch versions (BV) and submit a report, the printer name is coming up as '*NONE' and there is an error on the Paper Type tab stating the paper type is not valid. The paper type is coming in as blank. The visual assist brings up the paper type selection app, but no records exist (I assume this is because there is no paper type setup for a non-existent *NONE printer).

Using a fat client, all works fine. When submitting and prompted with the printer selection screen, the printer is already pre-loaded and thus the paper type is also.

What is causing this difference between the two? Why does html suck so bad? What is the fastest land animal in world?

TIA

Jeremy,

I believe that would be the Cheetah..and I don't know why HTML sucks so
bad. Sorry

Steve

Hi Jeremy,
What's your SP?
I saw this on 8.9; the UBE version had the Page Setup modified (you may see it in the TAM file). When SP3 was applied, the problem disappeared.
Meanwhile you may consider replacing the "dirty" version with a "clean" one (that is, newly added - not copied, and no Page setup Modified, let it be inherited from the template UBE).
Warm regards,

It's worth just checking in the printers application -> default printers what you have set for the html environments. You can have that set differently to the fat client ones and taht might trip you up.

Richard

Back