How to suppress detail line print

wooi

Hello,

I have a custom batch UBE, read record from a file, append record to a csv file, and write detail line to report. When certain conditions are met, it will not append to the csv, but still insists on writing to the report. I'd like to suppress writing to the report on the same conditions.

Currently I have the conditions in DO Section. Should the conditions be checked in other another section? Instead, is there systems function which will handle this?

Hugh thanks.

Wooi,

The information you have provided, including your system config in your signature is not enough to help. I'm sure that Oracle would ask for more detail too. To help JDEList members help you, please provide a debug log and the Event Rules of the section involved.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that Oracle would ask for more detail too.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think oracle will deal with custom objects
tongue.gif

Thanks for your help, Peter.

I've attached the debug log, ER, and sample report.

3rd (last) attachment

Attachments

• 173135-R55ADP10_report.pdf
    131.1 KB · Views: 95
Wooi,

Did you try the show section/Hide section functions?.

If you use them you have a custom section for the number of records which you can accumulate in your "show section" loop.

Wooi,

I agree with Bruno, he has provided the answer you need. The Stop Event Processing system function only halts the ER processing, it does not stop the section from printing. The Suppress Section Write system function will stop the section from printing that occurrence. Add the Suppress Section Write system function immediately BEFORE the Stop Event Processing system function and you should have what you need.

Beautiful, it's doing exactly what I want.... thanks a lot for your help guys!

Back