How to see pdf on Web/JAS

kerzenlicht

Hi List,

I'm running into an issue where I have to display pdf on the interactive application/screen. For windows/fat client it works fine by attaching pdf in media object control. But same system function fails when I try this application on JAS/web. It says, can not fetch media object file.

So I tried to see how "Submitted Job" application (P986110B) works for web. However this approach won't work for me becuase, Submitted Job screen retrieves pdf file from printqueue directory and it has job#, host and other variables. While in my case, my pdf file lies in different box/machine and not on enterprise server.

I have the pdf file name and path name but just don't know what business or system function I can use to display pdf on web.

Please advice if you have knowledge on this.

Appreciate in advance.

K.

Are you having an issue with Media Object attachments in general from the web or just through that application?

hi shawn,

i'll have to say that this issued only in my application. in general media object attachment works fine on web for me. and that's becuase i'm using system function "Access Media Object" in my application. while standatd programs uses "Run Executable" logic to launch media objects attachments.

thanks
k.

Back