How to print DataSelction on a report

cyberscout

Hi
I'm creating some programs on which the user can chose a selection. After push on "Print" the program starts a report and over the RI-variables, the selection is like a data selection.

With this way, I can print te RI on the report. So everybody knows how the DS was.

But I'd like to print the DS on the report when I start it directly (with "Where xxx is equal to yyy"). Is it possible to print the DataSelection on a report?

Best regards
cyberscout

You can if you turn on the report cover page in RDA - it will show data selection, data sequencing, Processing options, and a bunch of other tuff. For financial reporting (tabular) you also get info about the data selection on each column and row.

The nice thing about the report cover page is that it is done for you.

Using the "print cover page" functionality has never been an option for us, because it's a waste of paper and it doesn't look very professional.
I try to make a point of modifying (or creating) processing options for users, so that they NEVER have to use data selection. This makes it easy to display the conditions on the report AND it helps to keep users from processing enormous reports by accident.
The downside is flexibility, but a bit of extra emphasis on requirements capture usually takes care of this.

Good Luck
Grant Harding

Hallo
Thats a good idea. So you are creating some fields on the processing
options where the user can set his selection?

There is another question I have actualy:
I've found some System Variables (SV). Can I create such a variable myself?

Thanks for your help
Felix Albrecht

GrantHarding wrote:

--
---------------------------------------
Landert Motoren AG
Felix Albrecht
CH-8180 Bülach-Zürich
Switzerland

Phone +41 (0)1 863 55 20
Fax +41 (0)1 862 24 26
Web www.landert.com