How to know the IP Address of a client

Oskr

How to know the IP Address of a client

Hi, I rewrite again the text that I wrote on a wrong forum yesterday, I'm new in JDEList and JDEdwards generally, I'm developing an application which needs to know the IP Address (or computer name or FDQN) that user has when it is sending to execute the report, I saw a similar thread but it just says something about the F9312 and this table has just the records whether the user is operating a FAT client, in my case they are using web client. ¿How can I know this if in the F986110 table every record seems to be executed at JDEWeb server?.

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to know the IP Address of a client

There is no way to get this info.

Hhmmm...that's what I didn't want to listen
frown.gif
, I had supposed at least that JDE Web server would keep a log or trace about clients operations record... I can see it's just a FAT Client emulation on server JDE Ent/Web... well, I'll have to do something of lower level for getting it and that will take too much more time ... Thanks Scott.

Since you are on Web there is no way to get it as said above.

Chan

As a nice side-effect, our Total Rapport software stores this information in a custom table - the client IP address for every every connected WEB User. May be worth exploring...

hhmm, I can get a list of connected users, the problem happens when 2 or more users log in with same account on distinct computers... in this case the server doesn't know exactly where has to send the file (the report, byte stream, etc). The F986110 table stores reports sent and who sent those, through a trigger on the table and DLL registered into a oracle stored procedure...or... a hook embedded to the directory PrintQueue... my server will send the file...the question is... ¿where?. This is all of the trouble; the winapi issues, the unexpected fails in external libraries on differents oracle versions, data transmision, etc etc is covered... except the easier thing.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

I'll see what "Total Rapport software" means later.

I think you will have to do some additional Web script on Server to achieve this.
There maybe some good new features in 9.0 not sure what version you are on?

Chan

We are preparing everything to start on march 2012, we have the version 9 and we've seen some new features about this issue at next version where the reports are put into a queue inside screen... but it's not possible upgrade to that version because the people is not experimented with the current version (at least 4 or 5 years after production start). With all that, the user won't tolerate having to call another forms/programs/etc to view his report (or sending manually a raw binary file to character printer port)... and I understand it... he's right.

Wow! You seem to be re-developing our Total Rapport software ;-)

For now, I will take away the discomfort to the user and then I´ll build a middleware and its sublayer to implement capabilities of arrays and SQL statements in the arcaic NER.
grin.gif
.I'll upload this applications if somebody is interested.

Oskr,

Just to look around and see how bOrgacle does it - When Auditing is turned on (CFR21), the IP Address of the machine making the changes is captured into the F9500004/5 audit tables.

That said - 'something' in the Table Audits does capture the Web IP Address of the client making the change.

I now hand you the shovel to continue digging....

(db)

Back