Hide/Unhide Exit Button

jpsst34

Well Known Member
Curious if it's possible to hide and unhide exit buttons in OW Xe. I don't think it's possible, but it may be wrong.

If I add a Row Exit to a form that calls an external app, but I only want this button to be available to those who have the app installed, is there a way that I can check for the existence of this app on the client machine and display or not display the button, or will I have to acheive this through row exit security, creating a group for those known to have the app installed?

Thanks

Yes you can hide and show the exit buttons in OneWorld Xe. Check the system function in the ER

I would think all fat/thin clients should have the same packages/specs deployed in order to keep consistent. In this case, I will not worry about some apps to be installed or not installed to certain PCs in order to reduce potential specs corruptions.

Quality,

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind mentioning which System Function that is?

In my case, the button would be calling an _external_ app - that's an app that is not part of JDE via the "Run Executable" system function. I only want the button to be present if the client machine has this other application installed.

Thanks again,

Attached are the MS Word Document print screens. Hope that helps. But here are the general steps:
1. Go into Event Rule.
2. Look for f(s) in blue color on top of the ER Design and click on it
3. Double click on the Control folder
5. Select and double click on Hide Control/Show Control
4. Pick the Hypercontrol HC program.

Attachments

• 44133-Hide vs Show Control.doc
    161.5 KB · Views: 164
Thanks again. Earlier, after I added the button I was looking through the system functions and looked at Hide/Show control. At that time, the only choice listed under Available Objects was "FC More Options." I've since saved the app and exited FDA. Now, when I went back in to look again, my button was an option, along with a whole bunch of others. Weird.

Do you mind if you can attach print screens? seems like the hypercontrol (row/form exit program) does not exist on that form.

I can't provide any print screens because I'm not seeing that peculiar behaviour anymore. It seems to be working fine now. I think that I was only unable to see all of the available objects before I had saved my program. Thanks for all the help, though.

Back