Here is a Processing Options SQL query that you might find useful

slandess

slandess

Well Known Member
All -

I have built an SQL query that I use to show the processing option text and values for a given Dream Writer version.

Background: I use this query to help identify which P.O. values map into which elements of the @OP array in an RPG program.

This query, if printed, removes the need to go into the interactive PO modifications program (P98304) and view them on the screen to determine their processing option numbers.

This query is designed for use in a Query Management query, but can easily be adapted with the instructions below for use with interactive SQL (STRSQL).

Query Management queries require that you put the SQL source into a source member, compile it with CRTQMQRY, then use the STRQMQRY command to run the resulting compiled *QMQRY object.

If you want to used it interactively via STRSQL, then make the following changes:

1) In the SQL statement,
change &PID to 'PPPPPPPPPP',
where 'PPPPPPPPPP' is the program ID
of the DW version that you wish to query.

2) In the LEFT OUTER JOIN clause of the SQL
statement, change &VERSION to 'VVVVVVVVVV',
where 'VVVVVVVVVV' is the particular Version
of the DW version that you wish to query.

3) In the SELECT clause of the SQL statement,
replace &PID with AA.DEPID and replace
&VERSION with AA.DEVERS

4) Copy the entire modified SQL statement into
the interactive SQL screen and run it.

Notes: Version ZJDE0000 contains the template for the Processing Options for ALL versions of a given Dream Writer: DON'T change the 'ZJDE0001' selection in the
WHERE clause below.

The CASE statement in the query creates a pointer that points to the P.O. value.

See attached text file containing the SQL query...

Attachments

• 112113-F98301q03.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 201
Sorry...
the list processor cut off my post because of the dashes that I put in my message.

I have posted a text file with the SQL statement on the Downloads section of JDELIST.

<font color="red"> It is also attached to this reply! </font>
Regards,

Attachments

• 112116-F98301q03.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 182
Back