E9.1 Help in Finding All Tables with a Specific Value for a Specific Alias

richchipper

Well Known Member
In our process of system cleanup, we've found that in the past, SQL copies were done that did not do much validation. As an example, we have records in our F3002 table for branches that have never been set up for JDE use. So, obviously, we can't go into the programs to delete these records.

I'm working to try to clean this up, but was wondering if there is any kind of process to research the tables to see any table containing a value for an alias without having to go through every table. In my example, I'd like to research any table with MCU=360001. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Hey, richchipper.
I don't know of a native JDE process to get that info but you may be able to get a list of tables with MCU as a column using XRef (Cross Reference Facility). Then, use SQL to cycle through each of those tables/columns and build/execute your queries. I don't about your SQL experience, but it's gonna be pretty complicated and you may need the assistance of a DBA. Good luck and if you come up with a solution, please share. Many of us would be interested. :)

Back