E9.2 Finding UBE Versions In Processing Options

Jeff George

Jeff George

Well Known Member
Is there a UBE or application that will let me see what application versions are used in Processing Options? For example, I'd like to find all the applications that use version X of application Y in the Processing Options. If there's no tool for this, is it stored in a table that I can query?

Our "PO Commander" tool can report these values, but it's not free, if it makes a difference.

The processing option values are stored in a BLOB field in F983051, so not readable as plain text in the database. BSFN B9200030 can be used to get the PO information out of the BLOB. I read an article in JDEtips once on how to use the function to pull the PO values into a custom table so you could search them.

You might investigate R98306. I've used it to output PO values to CSV and then search for particular strings. There were issues with some truncation for long PO values which may not be in scope for your use case. I recall modifying the UBE and stretching the PO value field to prevent this.

JDE Object Browser may help. You can export all version processing options values to a file and work with it from there.

Craig

I don't know why I'm not getting notified when there are responses here, but anyway....

Object Browser is definitely a good tool, but I don't think it will work for what I'm trying to do. I want to work from the bottom up. For example let's say there are 100 UBEs that call a version of the P4210. I'd like to see what all these UBEs and versions are. I don't have a specific UBE in mind on which I wish to see what applications and versions it may be calling.

I don't know why I'm not getting notified when there are responses here, but anyway....

Object Browser is definitely a good tool, but I don't think it will work for what I'm trying to do. I want to work from the bottom up. For example let's say there are 100 UBEs that call a version of the P4210. I'd like to see what all these UBEs and versions are. I don't have a specific UBE in mind on which I wish to see what applications and versions it may be calling.
The problem is that the processing option containing a version name is not directly related to what application/UBE it refers to. How the application/UBE uses the processing option value within the ER code provides the connection. The processing name may be szVersion, but you don't know how it's used until you review the application/UBE. Furthermore, the Version defined in the processing options may be used in a BSFN call which fits your case since you said UBEs. UBE's don't call applications.

Craig

Well, that is unfortunate. I was hoping to find a quick fix to locate any UBE that is set to use a versio of something I want to replace. I guess I'll just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Back