Help with testing using local web client

janicej

Well Known Member
Let me start by saying I'm not a developer, so I apologize if any of my questions are stupid. I am sole JDE support for our organization, so I sometimes find myself wearing many hats that I'm not very familiar with.

Every year, I modify the W-2 program to fit the fields into the preprinted forms. This year's program had a bug that was causing W-2s to print in lower case. I installed the ESU for the fix and all was well. I no longer had lower case W-2s. Now I'm working on my development client to fit the report to the form, but when I run the program in my local web client to test, I'm seeing the bug I had before the fix. In other words, the W-2 program is printing in lower case on my local web client, but not on my regular web client. I verified the ESU was deployed to my developer station. I deleted my local specs. Shouldn't checking out the object in my OMW project give me the latest update? I just don't know enough to figure out why the updated object isn't showing up when testing on my local web client. Can anyone give me some ideas of where to look?

Hi,

Was the ESU deployed to the three (3) environments DV, PY and PD? If deployed one time then it has only updated a single environment...

You can deploy it to the rest of the environments or use "advance get" from the OMW's Row menu > Advance > Advance Get...to get the updated specs from where the ESU was deployed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response, Olive. We only have PD and PY environments and I deployed it to both. I also tried an advanced get just in case, but it didn't make a difference.

You have to clear the 89999... tables on your local SSE instance.

Thanks, Adrian. I'll look at that when I get back after the holidays. I don't know off hand what you're talking about, but I'm sure I'll find it.
blush.gif

I'm going to have to show off my ignorance here and asked for more of an explanation. I can't find 8999 files or anything that explains them. Can someone help me out?

You may want to ask your CNC / Systems (or Database) Administrator.
If you don't have any, look on your developer for the SQL Server Express database JDELocal.
It has a bunch of F8999... tables (used to store local specifications used by the local Web client).
In order to get the last (newest specs) from the Deployment Server (Just In Time Installation), these two table need to be empty.
I installed the SQL Server Management Tools to access the local SSE database.
PS All these suggestions assume your local web client is properly setup - is it?

The bug was related to T07810 and B0700840. Do an advanced get and then from the developement tools re-build BSFN B0700840 locally.

As a side note, I do not know if JDE updated their special instructions on the ESU yet, but you will need to make sure to update new UDC table 07Y/KE. The instructions were not included with the two original year-end ESUs. You can find the document here:
E1: 07Y: 2011 Year-End UDC Table Values for 07Y|KE and 07Y|AC [ID 1384699.1]

You'll need SQL Server Management Studio (or the Express version), and look at the Local - PY900 and/or Local - PD900 data source. The 2 tables are F989998 and F989999. From a query window, you can issue the command "truncate table dbo.f989998" to clear it. This is the equivalent command for CLRPFM on the AS/400.

Thanks, Adrian. Klwong (see post below) set it up for me, so I'm sure he did it right.

Thanks, Jeremey. I didn't know about those UDCs. Thanks. You saved me a headache there. I will try your suggestion of I can't get this other thing to work.

Ken, My computer has Enterprise Manager installed on it. I assume I would see the same thing with that as the other products, right? I see the JDELOCAL server on my computer, but the only databases I have under that are master, model, msdb and tempdb. Am I missing something?

Yes Janice, you ARE missing the JDE_Local_PY900 (& the SPEC_) databases.
You should have gotten those when you installed the full E1 client.
PS The last step is installing the JDBC driver + running the JAS installer = WebDev feature).

But I guess Ken will take care of it
smile.gif

Unfortunately for me, Ken left our contracted consulting company and went to work for someone else. That was after being my consulting CNC for the last 10 years. Otherwise, I would have called him direct.

I've been using this development client for a while and haven't had a problem before. I'm not sure what to do now. Is there any reason why I can't go ahead and make my modifications to the W-2 program? This should only affect my local testing, right?

You say you used this dev wkstn before.
How did you test your mods, I mean your interactive apps mods?
Is this the first time you are running the web client on your local dev wkstn?

If the database is JDELocal, and you're looking at Enterprise Manager, you may be looking at the wrong thing. Those would be the markers of MSDE or SQL Server 2000.

Because it's 9.0, there should be SQL Server Express 2005 with Management Studio (or Management Studio Express) on it. The instance you're looking for JDESSELocal. As Adrian said, you should see JDELocal_xx900 databases, one for PY and one for PD, and SPEC_xxxxxx databases, one for each full package that was installed.

If you don't have Management Studio, you can download Management Studio Express from Microsoft for free, and that will let you see the databases.

Thanks for your responses, guys. Adrian, I've used the local web on this computer before and never had this problem. That's why I made the post in the first place. Ken, I'll download Express and see if things look different.

Installing Management Express made all the difference. I could see the database after that. I truncated the F989998 and F989999 tables, redeployed the package and my W-2s are still lower case in the PY900 environment and uppercase in the JPY900 environment. I did find this in my jde.log. Obviously, something is still messed up.

ProcOpt Data Size Mismatch: Requested 183 is greater than Retrieved 134 for App P07810,Version ZJDE0001.
Data Structure NOT allocated. This usually means an item has been REMOVED from the template. This business
function needs to be rebuilt against this new template definition.

Janice, do you mean to say you re-INSTALLED the update package on your dev workstation, right?
Deploying a package is a different animal (it's done from the deployment server).
You have to truncate the F89xx tables AFTER you install (accept) the update pack on your dev client (not the other way around
smile.gif

PS Did you verify the P07810 has a data structure in place?

Really? After?
blush.gif
All I can say is I mentioned in the first post I'm not a developer or a CNC. My specialty is application support. I just have to learn a wide variety of things and we obviously haven't been on a web version long. So, I truncated the tables after the update and I'm getting the same result. I think I'm going to give up and just do all my alignment changes with lower case reports. I just wonder if this is going to cause problems when I re-build my W2 print UBE.

Back