Headerless Form/Data Update Question

maikeru-sama

I have a Headerless form that is tied to a Business View that points to Table F0411.

On the form, I have the Batch Number and the Document Voucher Invoice, so the users can search by those fields.

The only field the user is able to modify in the grid is the PayStatusCode (RPPST) field.

The problem I am having is when the user changes the PayStatusCode and presses OK, the value is saved but the following fields are changed:

RPPYE = Payee Address Number - being set to 0
RPCO = Company - being blanked out
RPGLBA = GLBankAccount - being blanked out

There may be more columns being changed, but it is hard to eyeball all of them. How is JD Edwards forming its UPDATE statement and why would these values change.

Also, for the Form Properties, I have the following options checked, which were checked by default:
No Update on Form Business View
No Fetch on Form Business View

I tried unchecking them and re-testing, but got the same resutls.

I wonder if I have to have all fields in the Business View displayed on the grid or something or maybe there is a trigger that changes those columns. Not sure. I will continue to research.

I have looked at the SQL UDPDATE statement being sent via the log file. Sure enough, it is sending blank values to the database.

For those interested, here is the SQL statement.
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
UPDATE DEVDTA/F0411 SET RPKCO='00975',RPDOC=949922.000000,RPDCT='PL',RPSFX='001',RPSFXE=0.000000,RPAN8=465025.000000,RPPYE=0.000000,RPDIVJ=107354,RPCO=SPACE,RPICU=567298.000000,RPICUT='V',RPPST='P',RPAG=102273.000000,RPGLBA=SPACE,RPOBJ=SPACE,RPVOD=SPACE,RPCRC=SPACE,RPVINV=SPACE WHERE ( RPDOC = 949922.000000 AND RPDCT = 'PL' AND RPKCO = '00975' AND RPSFX = '001' AND RPSFXE = 0.000000 )
</pre><hr />

BTW, the debug feature is really cool.

Hi
i guess i can have some suggestion here...
first in headerless detail form..how many columns you have in your grid.....are these columns mentioned by you... RPPYE ,RPCO ,RPGLBA also present in grid
(you can hide them in case you do not need these, but they should be present in grid as GC column)

I have faced same issue and it was solved when i take all columns in grid(hide which were not required for displaying) and i was able to have correct data updated.

Please try this.
Regards

Hi Maikeru

Sunil is right.in a headerless detail form you have to take all the fields in the grid which are there in the Business view.(You can hide the others which you don't want to display).
when we click a OK button than it commits the columns value present in the grid as values in table.but if some fields are missing from the grid but have in business view than it will either make it to 0 or NULL depending upon the data type a data item has.

Regards
Jitender

Thanks for the feedback. Blanking/Zeroing out the fields that are in the BV but not in the Grid makes sense.

I decided to only include the fields that I needed in the Business View. Therefore, I put all the columns in the Grid and everything is working fine.

Thanks

Back