Headerless Detail: OK is processed while an error is present?

Remo Williams

VIP Member
dear list,

am i suffering from dementia? i always thought that ok - post button clicked was not executed if an error was present on the form. check the attachment for what happens in W17730A: ok button logic is executed while there's an error present.

i did a search, and saw a couple of remarks by zoltan in the following old post:

Headerless Detail with update grid: How do I check for error on update (PressButton(OK))?

[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand, very strange, that OK executed, while error exist on the form

Now some questions:

Q1.) What kind of application is yours?
A.) Brand New
B.) Modified vanilla
C.) Copied and modified vanilla
D.) Other

Q2.) Is the Transaction feature turned ON on the Form Properties sheet?

Q3.) Is the Repeat For Grid option turned ON for any event of OK button?

Q4.) Is any Evenet Rule logic attached to the OK button?

Q5.) Do the form issuse any Clear Grid/Control Error system function?

[/ QUOTE ]

- errors are not cleared in event rules of ok button, row exited & changed asynch, or similar;
- vanilla app;
- as for Q3: yes, 'repeat for grid' is turned on for the row exit in question. but i don't see how that could have anything to do with this?
- F3111 adds and updates are suppressed in ER and handled by MBFs instead, but that shouldn't matter imo.

background: i need to build in some custom logic which is not to be executed in case of error(s), so this "issue" is gonna mess things up for me, unless i add some additional logic (i.e.: in ok - button clicked: count nmbr of errors present, and prevent processing if errors are present). so i guess i can get around the problem with this, but i'd still like to understand this behaviour. any words on this are welcome.

thanx in advance.

Attachments

• 148109-P17730.doc
    271.5 KB · Views: 84
Back