HeaderLess Detail Form Question

jdetechie07

Hi List,

It seems the Row exited and changed inline and asynch events are fired when you hit OK in a headerless detail form.The question is - what is the number of times these events would be fired ? As many rows as there are in the grid ? I have 2 applications - one a standard and another one a copy (P55XXXX) and both are giving different results.
Actually the processing time has increased in the P55XXXX because its doing the row exited event for ALL rows in the grid.But its doing only for 3-4 rows in the standard app.Any insight into why this could be happening ?
I am working on 8.9 currently.

Thanks.

jdetechie07

It has been a while since I looked at this, and in Xe. If I remember correctly, the row exit events fire when ever the "focus" leaves the row. However, the OK button performs validation on the data in the form, so it is possible that a number of rows, even all, could have the row exit events fired.

The fat client online help (in Xe) has good information on the process flow for headerless detail (and other) forms in OneWorld Developement Tools, Appendix B: Form Processing.

Is the "Repeat for Grid" option in ER, turned on in your P55xx?

Hi jdetechie07,

(nice nam ;-)

However Peter and Adrian can be right, I have an other idea.

I suppose, you made some modification on the copied application, am I right?

Q1.) Do you fill or change any grid coulumn while the grid is populating?
..OR..
Q2.) Did you add any new coulumn to the grid which has default value?

Both can trigger the mentioned events, but the "focus" does not leave the row in the case, when the grid is populating, so these events can be fired only when OK is pressed (except if you enter to the row and exit it manually).

Regards,

Zoltán

Thanks for the answer guys.I did check in the Form processing section about this.The issue is why is it getting fired for all rows in the P55XX and only 2-3 rows for the standard one ? Repeat for grid is not on.
Zoltan - i think your questions are very close to the situation.Its the configurator appln i am taking about and all the rows are read from the cache and populated into the grid.the user might do some validations if required and then would press OK to post the transaction.I tried doing exactly the same steps 1-2-3 but still dont know why the P55XX is behaving the way it is.
Thanks for the help all of you.

Back