Header Detail Form Usage

dennisr

I'm venturing in my first experience with interactive applications and I have an issue with the use of a header detail form.

I'm using a browse/find and header detail form in a custom application to provide the means for our users to edit data received in an EDI transmission from our shippers / carriers. I've used the Suppress Add (since I only want to update existing information).

On occassion the shipper will incorrectly key certain information (i.e. sales order number, company number and order type) and we need to be able to edit this information if/when in error. Three fields in two custom tables (same fields in the header and detail) that are part of the key for both tables. There is usually only one header and one corresponding detail record.

I'm able to load the correct data into the header detail form and I make changes to the value of the fields in both the header information and the grid. Once I click ok, the detail file updates, but the header file does not update. Maybe I'm overlooking something, but I've not been able to find the reason.

Thanks,
Randy

Randy Dennis

Welcome to the List Randy,
You may want to increase chances to receive an effective reply by attaching your system congiguration info, AND
SOME more details in regards with :)
-What are the logs saying?
-Is this happening when you disable the Suppress Add sys. function?
-Did you try to debug your appl?
Warm regards,
Adrian Chimirel

Xe U3 SP17, Oracle 806, Citrix, HTML, FormScape 2.1 Ent RS/6000, AIX 4.2, Dep NT4

Hi Randy,

Adrian is right. Please, take Adian's advices!
Just some thought about your issue.

1.) Where do you issue the "SuppressAdd" system function call?
In the "Add Grid Rec to DB - Before" GRID event?
2.) Do you issue an other "SuppressAdd" in the "Add Record to DB - Before" FORM! event? If not, then try it first.

Please, keep us informed!
... including your sys conf info :)))
Thanks!

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back