GL Posting Issues

jdedave

Hi all,

We are having a difficult problem in posting intercompany transactions.
1. If we post the whole batch the program errors out saying the Doc out of balance.
2. If we split the batches by different doc company and run them seperately it will post successfully which said the doc is in error before. But it allow us only 5 documents or less than 60 lines to post at time. If it has more than 5 documents it will error out.

This is just confusing. Can anyone please help me to see how we can fix it.
Thank you,
David
XE, SP23, update 4

we post batches with 6000 lines, so it's hard to believe that the number of lines is the issue. did this just start happening when you applied SP23?

No, we installed the SP23 quite couple of months before. This is started last week.
Thanks
David

What method of Intercompany are you using - Hub or Detail? Have you setup your ICH and/or ICCC AAI's properly? Please provide a sample of your JE.

Thanks for your reply. We are using Detail method. Please the sample attached JE.

Attachments

• 80074-JE.txt
    19.1 KB · Views: 91
OK. Since you use Detail method, check that you have ICCC setup for every company. I also noticed that you're going into AA and CA ledgers in the JE. Check their setup and see if they are setup differently in P0025.

I looked at them, it looks good. If there is setup issue it should fail regarless how we post the job correct? It works if there is only few multicompany doc.

Thanks
David

Next thing to do is turn on logging and post the batch locally. Then examine jde.log and jdedebug.log It could be a variety of issues, including security.

JDE changed the way intercompanies are processed. for example, when posting AP batches, you cannot post by batch, but must post by document. Therefore the batch offset in the AP constants must be set at 'Y'. This is due to the requirement to create detail Gl offsets for intercompany entries '2'.

I have not seen an issue witht he number of docs.

jdedave <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi all,

We are having a difficult problem in posting intercompany transactions.
1. If we post the whole batch the program errors out saying the Doc out of balance.
2. If we split the batches by different doc company and run them seperately it will post successfully which said the doc is in error before. But it allow us only 5 documents or less than 60 lines to post at time. If it has more than 5 documents it will error out.

This is just confusing. Can anyone please help me to see how we can fix it.
Thank you,
David
XE, SP23, update 4

PLease post the logs so we can see what is happening behind the scenes.

Back