Getting that Foreign Table into a TC

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
OK – I’m trying to figure out what I’m missing. I am trying to get some Foreign tables to display in the 'Foreign' table area of a Table Conversion. This is all iSeries, on the same box and frustrating to the max!

Here’s what I’ve done:
• I created a new DSN – OUTBOUND; pointing to library OUTBOUND on the iSeries
• Created a dummy table (F55FTP), then Generated it to OUTBOUND
• Created OCMs fro F55FTP – in DV810 and CV810; pointing them to datasource OUTBOUND (On both the client and server maps) and mark them AVailable
• I UTB to F55FTP – I see the dummy data I created in the file in OUTBOUND; thus, I know the OCM and the Datasource are working
• I log completely out of E1, reboot the machine, come back to visit after a few more beers!
• I manually create a table in OUTBOUND [CRTPF FILE(OUTBOUND/F55TC10) RCDLEN(160) TEXT('TC10 Export File')]
• I go into E1->OMW->Open my TC for editing, Start the TC Director and go to ‘Select Output’
• My Foreign tables do not exist in the list of tables...
• I growl at the dawg, change a diaper and wonder if some of Ken March’s great beer would help resolve the issue

I've tried creating the table using CRTPF and using SQL Create Table - No Darn Luck (or maybe it's all Darned luck)?

Which step did I miss? Do I have to build a package with F55FTP and have it deployed before the OCMs are ‘there’?

Thoughts?

(db)

Check the following:

-The type you save your F55FTP as (.txt, .csv, .dif
etc)
-Do you TC input/output both from login environments
-Select text file for your output

Hope this helps!

Jude
XE/World Co.exist sp23

Back
Top Bottom