Getting an iseries spool file from a pdf report

MaryS

We're currently in the process of migrating to 8.11 SP1 from World and I'm trying to take a PDF report and get it to an iseries spoolfile so that I can use FormSprint to overlay. Is there an easy way to do this? I found a white paper in solution id 200955554 on peoplesoft.com, but getting it to work for the A/R invoice is a challenge. I have actually gotten the report to a spool file, but the data is not formatting correctly.

I've opened up RDA for a new version, changed the font to Courier New size 8, changed horizontal to 8 and vertical to 16 spacing, but the data is still all squished up and overlaying each other when printing. This is the first of a few reports that I will need to do this for.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

If you're using a 10CPI printer definition, JDPeopacle recommends a 12 point Courier New font, if a 12 CPI print definition, they recommend 10 CPI Courier New. 8 point is too small, it will cause squishing and overlapping. It is in some printing whitepaper they have, I can't recall it, but I've had to do it enough that I know this offhand. I pretty sure it has been referenced here before if your search the archives.

Back