From Average Cost RM to Std Cost FG

Mheedo

Hi all,

I have never had the opportunity to post anything before , but the day has come.
cool.gif

I work as a Finance side expert on JDE implementation for a french company

In the company , the accountants want to value the Raw Materials at the average weighted cost , so have setup cost method to 02 , and everything is working perfectly.

But, they want to value the manufactured Finished goods : hence the also calculated an 07 cost for the RM to calculated an 07 cost for the FG.

The problem comes when issues are made on WO : in the cardex it shows the issue valued at average cost , but when P31802 is run , it creates journal entries based on the 07 cost ! which creates immediately an inconsistency between the GL and cardex.

Has anyone experienced something similar , and any ideas on how to match the two needs ?

Thank you all for your replies , and have a nice day.

Heedo Milan
JDE A9.1

I assume your purchased items have a stocking type of "P" and are pointed to cost bucket 02 and your finished goods (and subcomponents) are stocking type "M" and are pointed to bucket 07. Look at your cost rollup program to make sure your processing options are pulling from the correct buckets. The WO completions pull cost from the cost components file which is a detail breakdown of material, labor, overhead, outside ops and other cost. If your cost rollup program is not correct then your detail cost are not being generated properly and your cost components are being pulled from the wrong cost buckets.

Back