Formatting CSV report in Tools 8.98

Jeff Gram

I’ve developed several reports using tools 8.98 for CSV formatting. The issue I’m having is that when dropping in report variables or constants is they require an extra “space”. I have report formatting set properly (52 wide 8 high). Every 3-4 columns I drop in I need to leave 1 blank column. It’s not a show stopper but fairly annoying when you have 15 to 20 columns of numbers and one does not show up. On one report I created a dummy section with A to Z for lining things up. Does anyone know if JDE has a fix?

Hi Jeff,

Is your CSV output section based on a Group or on a Columnar section?
I suggest to use always Group Section instead of Columnar section to produce CSV output (and at all). Columnar sections are problematical, mainly on alignment for CSV - based on my XE experience.

Regards,

Zoltán

Have you tried leaving even wider spaces between each column?

You could always try increasing the width until the columns are all present, then reduce the width to the minimum required to see all columns.

I'm surprised this is happening though as using 52 width has always worked for me. Are you certain there are no invisible 'dummy' characters in your data that Excel is interpreting as something other than a space?

Thanks Guys,

I’m using a Group section. I rarely use Columar sections because at some later date, a user may want to switch from a PDF to CSV.

Hmm, I’ll try using a value greater than 52 width. I didn’t think the tool allowed it, but it looks like it does. I’d never had the problem with any earlier toolsets, this is the first toolset we’ve had a problem with. Ah, progress...

Back
Top Bottom