Form Interconnect

abcjde1234

Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum so please be patient.

I have created a Find/Browse and when a user selects a grid row and clicks on 'Select' it should call a Headerless Detail , which it does fine.
But I am trying to use the values of the grid from the Find/Browse and populate the grid columns on the Headerless Detail.
I am not able to do this , maybe I am missing something basic. I have tried to manually move the form interconnect values into the Grid columns but the Form interconnect columns show blank !

Please help

Thanks

abcjde

abcjde,

One simple guest : did you set the arrows in your form interconnect call ?

Christian Audet

abcjde,

Give us more detail (like code print) that will help

Two things :

- Check your Form Interconnect Call and make sure you pass in the "GC" value not the "BC".

- Using MD_DEBUG or the JDE Debugermake sure that in your Headerless detail form in the "Dialog is initialize" event the FI contain the value.

Christian Audet

Did you define the form's Data Selection? Did you use some Form Controls or QBE as Filters?
Warm regards,
Adrian Chimirel
PS The JDEList's "abc" (see netiquette) requires System Configuration :) See mine!

Perhaps abcjde you should give us a sample of the ER, as this could be something as simple as assigning the values while the form is still building - like in Dialog Is Initialized (the solution might be to move the code to Post Dialog Is Initialized). If you want to solve this for yourself, you can start up debugger and follow the values and narrow down where the data is getting "lost". Divide and Conquer.

Ben again

Abcjde,

If I understood your question correctly that you were trying to populate the Headerless Detail’s grid columns with the values passed from the Find/Browse form.

I assume there is compatible data structure created in your Headerless Detail form to receive the values from the calling program. In the Find/Browse form, I assume you are passing the grid column value (example GC AddressBook) from the Find/Browse to the Headerless Detail with the arrow pointing to the right =>.

After the control is passed over to your Headerless Detail form, you need to move the Form Interconnect variables (example FI AddressBook) to the form control field (example FC AddressBook) on the Headerless Detail form. You may code the logic in the event rule section of Post Dialog is Initialized. In this case, if the form is in an Update mode, the grid column is ready to be populated once the find button is clicked. You can also use the system function “Press Button(HC F&ind)” to automatically populate the grid column.

In the event rule section of Grid Record is Fetch or Write Grid Line, you can perform table I-O to overridden the grid column values as needed. Also selecting the correct BSVW is crucial. If you have the correct BSVW selected on your Headerless Detail form. BSVW will build the data structure on the form for you based on the key fields/index.

Victor (Quality),

Can you fix you post to say "arrow pointing to the right =>", I'm sure that's what you mean.

Tell me if i'm wrong.

Christian

Thanks Quality for such a detailed and helpful answer. I have created a push button and it seems to work.

I must say I really appreciate all the responses to the post and it is great to see people are so willing to help.

Thanks again everyone !

abcjde

Glad to hear that!
Now, would you be so kind and share with the List what is your push button doing in order to have the issue fixed?
The List appreciates your feedback as much as you appreciate its responses :)
Adrian Chimirel

So abcjde,

What was the 'thing' that you were missing? From a lessons learned standpoint you said you were already manually moving the data - Did you determine why that wasn't working?

Ben again

Hey there, I was gonna reply to ur query but then I read the reply of Quality and it was what I was also gonna reply. So go ahead and try it out as it has to work.

But how to populate Grid, if the form is in Copy mode in Quality's answer?

Process- In the first form(Find/Browse form), I clicked find button and then i selected a record and clicked copy button then the edit form(Headerless detail) form should open and It should populate the values of the selected record in 3 Form controls and Grid.

What I did- I called the Edit form passing all the FI values (Primary key values) then in "Post Dialog is initialized", I did a Select FetchNext where I passed all the FI values in Select statement and Fetching required values in FC and GC values.

While running I am getting all the FC values but not able to populate Grid values.

I tried what Quality says but still not happening. What i am doing wrong??

Vidushi,

My guess would be that you're using the wrong event to populate the grid for copy mode. Quality provides instructions for update mode. Are the FC contols defined to be used to populate the grid (filter criteria) when Find is pressed. I can't remember how this is done (I'm retired), but it will be in the manual.

The other option would be to use the Write Grid Line-Before event to populate each grid line before it writes to the grid.

Back