Flex Accounting

hsiao_te_wang

Well Known Member
Hi Lists,
Has anyone experiences to use the Flex accounting to MFG modules ? What I try to do is to link the WO variances to different accounts which has different BUs.
Any comments or suggestions are highly appreciated, Thanks !
Regards,
John Hsiao, Xe SP19.1

John,

Can't help too much because I have never met a Client that wanted this. However, I did find a really good whitepaper under CSMS that describes setting this up for Flex Accounting and Time Recording. I understand that you can force a field from F4801 onto the Journal as the Subsidiary but I think this only works to apply one code per Work Order. I am not sure how this would help you with Variances? Try it and see.

Mark,
Thanks for the input and will keep posted and let you know if any progress on this !
John

Hi John,

We use flex accounting to MFG modules here.
Account is BU/Object/Subsidiary in what is following.
Each variance ICA (3220, 3240, 3260, 3270 and 3280) is related with a specific object. The BU and subsidiary are generated with flex accounting.
The BU is generated by concatenation of 2 category codes of Item Branch File (F4102) SRP8 and SRP0, the subsidiary is obtained with another category code (SRP9) from f4102 file.
In the Accruals ICA (3401), the subsidiary comes from the Work Order Master File (F4801) because we can't use the work center file (F3006).
I hope this may help you.

Regards.

Back