Flat file path Issue

JDEMogul

Hello All,

I have a problem with File paths.
I created an batch program to read a flat file (Using C business function) from local windows drive...Say C:\filename.txt .
This Path and file name can be passing through a Processing option of the batch program. This runs successful when you override location as "Local".
But when I submit on server (AS/400 is my enterprise server, batch program deployed) it is not able to pick up (recognize) the path(C:\filename.txt)

File reading is done from a custom business function(Copied from B34A1010) which is both client and server specific.

How to copy data from a windows drive file to AS400 server while running from the server. The end user access the batch program through Citrix.

Advance thanks to buddies who helped me out from this problem which I am trying since last few days.

Tarachand,

There is no such thing as a filename "C:\filename.txt" on the AS/400 unless you use the Integrated File System. The native database on the AS/400 is DB/2 and the closest thing to a flat file is a physical file that is defined without what is called Data Description Specifications or SQL. That I know of you cannot use an EnterpriseOne Table Conversion on such a file.

Where is the flat file on your local workstation coming from?

Thanks,
Danny McMillian

tarachand <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello All,

I have a problem with File paths.
I created an batch program to read a flat file (Using C business function) from local windows drive...Say C:\filename.txt .
This Path and file name can be passing through a Processing option of the batch program. This runs successful when you override location as "Local".
But when I submit on server (AS/400 is my enterprise server, batch program deployed) it is not able to pick up (recognize) the path(C:\filename.txt)

File reading is done from a custom business function(Copied from B34A1010) which is both client and server specific.

How to copy data from a windows drive file to AS400 server while running from the server. The end user access the batch program through Citrix.

Advance thanks to buddies who helped me out from this problem which I am trying since last few days.

My understanding is that F47002c wont run on any server (not just AS/400). I know I ran into this on an SQL Server.

You might want to take this up with Response Line but have a look at SAR 6186176 R47002C not working System47 as a starter.

Regards,

The flat file can be usually from a local drive say : C:\inputfileDir\
I am running this program on AS/400 deployment server and the input file could be on any directory on a local machine. Say "C:\inputfileDir\".
Can this directory be shared to AS/400 server machine and do run my program.
Alternatively I am thinking to write a Table Conversion.
Another question: Can I pass input file dynamically to a table conversion program. If so, how?
Thanks for replies..

The end user gets the file on web and saves it to local drive before my program picks this file. It is A/P voucher conversion mapping. Maps to F0911Z1 and F0411Z1 files.

Unfortunately you cannot use that BSFN to access files on an IFS file system. Your options are to access regular AS400 libraries (the default is QGPL) or write your own BSFN. If you do the latter, you cannot use buffered i/o routines - see my post earlier today
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=85282&Main=85183#Post85282
on this subject in the CNC forum.

Oh, and in some sort of twisted irony: if you want to access an AS400 library with the standard flat file BSFN's, you may need to reference it through the IFS naming convention, i.e.
"/QSYS.LIB/PDDTA.LIB/FILENAME.FILE/MBRNAME.MBR"

Alternatively, if the file is in the QGPL library you can just reference it by name without any path.

Hi ,
You cannot pass the file path dynamically in TC inorder to fetch the file what u can do is to store the file at a predefined location on the server .And your corresponding TC can pick the file from that location.I have made use of this for uploading F0911 data .

Thanks everybody. Finally It got worked.
Here is the solution..

I have created TC to convert data from a flat file to a JDE custom table having the single field.
I created an OCM mapping for this TC to run locally(always). It works.
Alternatively ( haven't tested), It may work, if I could create an OCM mapping for my business function (read flat file), runs locally. In this case, I could avoid TC and custom table.
Also, the folder is an IFS which is mapped to the server as well.

-Tarachand

Back