Flat File Conversion Program

jdecoder

jdecoder

Well Known Member
Hi, friends

I have a requirement to upload purchase order information provided by customer to F47012 using the conversion program R47002C I specified the file name in P47002 but the report is not working, my flat file is in CSV Format.
On debugging the BF B4700240 I found that fopen() is failing please let me know if some one succeeded in doing this I think I am specifying the file name wrongly
I tried giving the address, only file name, also tried pasting it in different drives nothing works
Any and all help is appreciated.

JDE XE
Client: Windows NT 2000
Server: SUN

jdecoder,

We use this process and have not had issues (unless the file name is mispelled =). You need to specify the full path and file name in P47002 for the 850 transaction. We are Windows, so we use \\server\share\folder\file.txt to specify the file in production. For testing, I have used C:\path\file.txt on the local machine.

Let me throw the simple things at you even though you have probably thought of them.

Your file is .csv and we have always used .txt. It doesn't seem like that should matter, but it would be a quick test to find out.
Another possibility would be security. Does JDE have full access to the directory/path where the file is?

Jer

Hi, friends

I have a requirement to upload purchase order information provided by customer to F47012 using the conversion program R47002C I specified the file name in P47002 but the report is not working, my flat file is in CSV Format.
On debugging the BF B4700240 I found that fopen() is failing please let me know if some one succeeded in doing this I think I am specifying the file name wrongly
I tried giving the address, only file name, also tried pasting it in different drives nothing works
Any and all help is appreciated.

JDE XE
Client: Windows NT 2000
Server: SUN
Hi jdecoder,

I am new to JDE and have also been tasked to upload purchase order information in CSV file to create sales orders in JDE. We are on in the process of upgrading to Enterprise One v926. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Back