Fixed Assets Depreciation

Ramon1227

Hi,
I would like to consult anyone for the following two questions concerning Fixed Assets Management:

1. Currently we use the comptation method "I"( Inception to date) and two fixed assets linear depreciation formulas in our system: formula 102 for the first year, formula 103 for the remaining years. 102 is expressed as following:(Basis/Assets life periods)*Normal number of periods * Initial year apportionment percent . Our question is: Because the element of Initial year apportionment percent is precisely apportioned in dates while generally the depreciation is apportioned in simple periods, the results from these two methods are different. If the asset value is small then difference is ignorable, however the difference will be significant if the fixed asset value is large. Now we need a method to apportion the depreciation in simple periods while we use the comptation method "I",please give us a advise.

2. We use formular 103 for the remaining years. It seems that the program does not apportion the depreciation according to the formula. Instead the program calculates the precentage of dates in each month for the apportion issue. It causes that the depreciation is different in each month of the last year. Please advise if there is any solution toward this issue.
Looking forward to your prompt reply. Thank you!

Ramon,
Using "I" will always recalculate and adjust
depreciation back to the originating asset date. If
you are changing methods after the first year, you
should change the computation method to "R". Also,
there is a field for ITC (in the US Investment Tax
Credit) that takes an additional asset cost during the
first year as additional depreciation. This may help
you control the additional percentages needed.
--- Ramon1227 <[email protected]> wrote:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=48313

World, OW B733X and Xe

Back