Fixed Assets Close not rolling over all accounts

jimmymac

Reputable Poster
We ran the Fixed Assets close program R12825 as part of our year end tasks 1/18/2013. This program takes the balances from the F1202 for the prior year 2012 and creates 2013 entries with the prior year balance.

However now we notice that several assets did not roll over. 13 or so asset/account combinations did not get written even though they had a balance as of the end of 2012.

Reporting this to Oracle, their support person did not have an answer or was able to find any current issue with assets or accounts not rolling over. Their suggestion was to rerun the FA close program R12825 either wide open so it would recalculate everything, or just run it and select only the specific asset numbers we have a problem with.

The plan is to do that tomorrow, but any comments about similar issues or the recommended approach would be appreciated. Note that we are on E1 9.0.

Thanks

My advice would be to address it asset by asset and you may find quickly a consistent issue that prevented the new records to be written into the new year. It's not an onerous process and analysis of a single record is certainly less distracting than opening it up wide as Oracle suggests.

It's been too many years since I managed assets to remember the specifics of what I've had to address in similar cases but there's always a reason (well, almost always
smile.gif
).

Regards

Paul

Thanks Paul,

Looks like we may have just a reporting issue. What we've found is that some entries did not roll over into 2013 because they were disposed of in 2012. That makes sense.

But how we are trying to reconcile the rollover may be the problem.

The entries in the F1202 for an asset contains several record types, 1, 2, 4, 7. The 1 and 2 (cost and accumulated depreciation net to zero, but their is another entry for 4-depreciation expense.

So when we are trying to compare the ending balances of 2012 to the beginning balances for 2013, these F1202 records are not balancing I believe because we are actually looking at all of these entries.

We would still like to reconcile 2012/2013 but it seems that the F1202 doesn't lend itself to that. Oracle did not have many ideas, except to run the Fixed Assets integrity reports which mostly compare the F0911 to te F1202, not what we are trying to do.

I am sure you must have done that...check the fiscal year pattern n close on each individual asset.
Rerun the program by setting up the data selection confirming the right processing options value.

I read once, this is a known issue and having run the program for individual assets might help.

Indeed if you can find CHCD (Asset Account Type) 7-8-9 means the asset has been disposed. Thus it makes sense F1202 is not roll over the next year.

IMHO you don't have to try to balance F1202 records between two fiscal years, just run R127011 "Integrity Test - F/A to G/L" to double-check F0902 is consistent with F1202.

Kind regards,

Carlo

Back