Find/Browse Form Question

Neal Scarr

Hi List

I have created a find/browse form without a business view attached (I am populating the grid programatically). However, when I select a grid line and press the Select button or double click the line, the button clicked event rules attached to the Select button do not execute. I have debugged the program and put break points on all of the event rule statements in the button clicked event, but the program does not stop at any of the break points. I have switched on logging and in the JDEDEBUG.LOG the following is shown:-

RT: >>>Beginning ER: Select/OK Button Clicked
RT: <<<Finished ER: Select/OK Button Clicked
RT: >>>Beginning ER: Select/OK Post Button Clicked
RT: <<<Finished ER: Select/OK Post Button Clicked

Has anyone any ideas? Does the select button only work when a business view is attached to the form ?

Thanks

Neal

B7332 SP13.1_Cache NT4 SQL7 Citrix Metaframe 1.8

Hi Neal,

Although I have never created forms containing grid without attached business view, I can imagine that grid forms doesn't work perfectly without attached BSVW.

My suggestion is the following:

1.) Attach any "dummy" BSVW to your form.
2.) Issue a SuppressFind system function call in the Button Clicked event of the Find button.

Hopefully it will work.

Please, keep us informed about your issue! Thanks!

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Hi Zoltàn

Thanks for the reply.

I have now attached a business view to the form, but it hasn't made any difference, the event rules still don't execute on the Select button.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Neal

Hi Neal,

Thanks for the update.

Maybe it was too late to attach the BSVW.

"Any other ideas?"
Yes, I have :)

1.) Check, that isn't your event(s) disabled? You can do t under the Options menu in the ER Designer, further if it is disabled then a red exlamination mark appears before the event name instead of the green plus sign.

2.) Have you log-off and log back OW after you attached the BSVW? I remember that I experienced on one prior XE release that new forms start to work correctly only after log-off and on.

3.) Try to create a push button and execute some logic on the selected row in the ButtonClicked event of this button.

4.) Try to reopen the ER lines of the Select and save them. Who knows?

5.) Try to remove your logic from the select (Save as a CLP file), save your APPL, re-open your APPL re-add your ER logic, save APPL and try again.

That's all this time. Hopefully one of the above will help.
Please, keep us informed! Thanks!

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Can you give us a sample of what the ER is in the Select event?

Ben again

Re: RE: Find/Browse Form Question

Hi Ben

I have a form interconnect, which works when attached to a form toolbar exit. I have also tried adding a report interconnect to the Select button as an experiment but this doesn't work either. I have put breakpoints on both event rules in Debug but they are not executed (and they are not disabled).

I will try and create another find/browse form, but attach a business view immediately and then populate the grid programatically.

Neal

Have you tried using ER debugger on menu GH902 to debug the form? I would watch how the form is handling itself through the different events and what the values of the data structures (BC, GC, etc.) are on the these events. This may give you some clue as to why the form does not function without a bsvw.

I did a very quick test with your scenario in ER debugger. It shows that the GC structure is never even created...even though the GC variables appeared in ER window to program with. :(

...If you do find a way to make this work, please share your secrets. I would be very interestd.

Thanks!

owguru (at least I'm trying :)
>all versions
>all platforms

Back