find all application/UBE that have been modified

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Hi list,

In order to study possible impact of updating our Xe SP20 to Xe SP23, i've been asked to give a list of all objects that have been modified (especially standard jde object).
Normally we have documentation for all development, but i'm pretty sure some are missing and so i'd like to check.

I wanted to try the following :
- I exported all jde objects to text files (with OneAssist that allow it ... great !)
- As we always put comments with a developpement number in code (development number is "TDxxx" where xxx is a incremental number), i wanted to make a search of those kind of strings, using "findstr" windows function.
For that, i need to use regular expression but i don't find the right one to search for :
word begining with "TD", followed by several numbers between 0 to 9.
I did several tries using the documentation of "findstr", but there are not much example. i tried 'findstr "\<TD[0-9]*" and some other things, but i get also every word begining by TD (because '*' means 0 or more occurence of the previous caracter).

Does someone know how i can do ? (using findstr, or other program, or from jde, ... whatever)

Thanks for your help.

Antoine

Run P98401 and put a 'C' in the mod flag field. This will tell you all custom and standard objects that have been modified.

Patty

Hi Patty,

Thanks for your answer.
I cannot use this program because it shows every object modified by ESU, or even any object that has been checked-out/checked-in, which doesn't mean there were modifications.

Thanks anyway.

Rgds,

Menu GH9611 (Advanced Ops for System Installation), menu selection P98401 (Specification Merge Selection). Then you can put a 'C' in the Mod Flag QBE field. You will like want to limit the pathcode to one pathcode too. This shows all objects 'checked in' so you will have to investigate whether they were really changed or not. You could do that with ER Compare in the Development tools or Windiff for C code.

You can do the same thing with SQL on the F9861 but the screen is prettier and you can export to Excel or whatever.

Sue Shaw
Xe SP23i1 Coexistent iSeries V5R3

Just so you understand that service packs really don't modify object code or specs. The service pack deals with foundation code. I would not worry about the modified objects for an SP install.

Checking the SAR list for the service pack will give you the cumulative changes since the first Xe codebase (Xe + ERP8) service pack. This answers your earlier question.

Try this for a list of changed, added, or deleted objects. Modify as necessary:

--Objects Modified
use JDE7334
select * from OBJ7334.F9861 where SIMRGMOD='C' or SIMRGMOD='A' or SIMRGMOD='D'

[ QUOTE ]
Hi list,

In order to study possible impact of updating our Xe SP20 to Xe SP23, i've been asked to give a list of all objects that have been modified (especially standard jde object).
Normally we have documentation for all development, but i'm pretty sure some are missing and so i'd like to check.

I wanted to try the following :
- I exported all jde objects to text files (with OneAssist that allow it ... great !)
- As we always put comments with a developpement number in code (development number is "TDxxx" where xxx is a incremental number), i wanted to make a search of those kind of strings, using "findstr" windows function.
For that, i need to use regular expression but i don't find the right one to search for :
word begining with "TD", followed by several numbers between 0 to 9.
I did several tries using the documentation of "findstr", but there are not much example. i tried 'findstr "\<TD[0-9]*" and some other things, but i get also every word begining by TD (because '*' means 0 or more occurence of the previous caracter).

Does someone know how i can do ? (using findstr, or other program, or from jde, ... whatever)

Thanks for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with this line of thinking, with one exception...Oracle can't possibly and does not test *your* custom changes before rolling out a new Service Pack/Tools Release. Although the chances of a new SP causing any program related issues are slim compared to an ESU which actually does add/merge/replace application objects, it can still happen.

Therefore it is always a good idea to run through as many application tests as possible, focusing as much time or more on the custom pieces than you would the out of box JDE objects.

As the Brother stated, a new SP will not replace application objects and therefore some of what you are doing may be unecessary within the context of your proposed action.

Hi,

Have you tried using support assistant? At the "General" section, there's a link on modified objects per path code.

Hi,

Yes I know that Service Pack should not affect objects. I didn't install Service Pack or OneOff for a while now but can't it be required to install some ESUs with the SP ?

That should be in the release notes for your particular Tools Release/Service Pack. One particular issue I'm aware of required an ESU in addition to the Tools Release to resolve a security issue with the logon security encryption. For the most part, you're not going to see this type of thing and almost never will you see a Tools Release Require an update to a major app like P4210.

Antoine,

Here is an idle thought which may or may not be of use. Do you use OMW logging? I was wondering if the OMW logs could be searched to determine changed objects. ESU projects are named using a specific convention, so they could be excluded. The logs would tell which objects have been checked out, designed, checked in and transferred to production. The only problem is that it will not actually identify whether there has actually been any change or not, but any object that has been checked out (except for new custom objects), designed, checked in and transferred to production would have a high probability of being changed.

Just a thought.

In the past, I've queried the OL tables - looking for any owners other than
JDE, OneWorld and/or PSFT. Basically - if someone checks out an object or
its last change date is more current than the release, it is fairly safe to
at least review it as a changed object/modified object.

At least - it is one of the safer routes.

(db)

_____

Behalf Of peterbruce
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:03 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: find all application/UBE that have been modified

Antoine,

Here is an idle thought which may or may not be of use. Do you use OMW
logging? I was wondering if the OMW logs could be searched to determine
changed objects. ESU projects are named using a specific convention, so they
could be excluded. The logs would tell which objects have been checked out,
designed, checked in and transferred to production. The only problem is that
it will not actually identify whether there has actually been any change or
not, but any object that has been checked out (except for new custom
objects), designed, checked in and transferred to production would have a
high probability of being changed.

Just a thought.

Thanks, Peter Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne (HOraSoft - actually JDE
OneWorld) Xe B7333 Update 6 SP23, Enterprise Server RS6000 AIX running
Oracle Database, HTML, Portal, using Websphere 4 on Intel/Windows 2003/Xp
Create!form

_____

The entire <http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=> JDELIST
thread is available for viewing.

Looking for a job? Check out the Job
forum

This is the JDELIST EnterpriseOne Mailing List.
The instructions on how to unsubscribe from any JDELIST mailing list are
available here <http://www.jdelist.com/unsubscr.shtml> .
JDELIST is not affiliated with JDEdwardsR.

Hi Peter,

Yes we use OMW logs, but from time to time, i purge them, because i once noticed it has a impact on performance in menus and UDC management (especillay in adding values). So i don't have all the logs.

Rgds,

Back