Financial Report

karurpalani

karurpalani

Hi all,

I have created a Financial Report and used smart fields for calculating Account Balance and Prior Year Account Balance. Used Row to define data selection and calculation. But the last calculation Row of the report (Net profit/Loss) gives the negative value instead of original postive sign. It is actually the difference between two data rows TR - Profit and loss after taxation which is having the positive value and TR - dividend which is not having any value. Thus the result should be positive. I tried to change the sign by adding up both the data rows instead of substracting. But still I am getting only the negative sign. I am using a custom business view which has the fields from F0901, F0902 and F0006. Hope use of this custom BSVW will not be the problem, because I am getting the correct values for the Smart Fields used. The problem is in last Calculation row only. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Hi Palani...

I am not clear with ur problem .would pls give more details so that i can help u.Anyway i am suggesting this ..
1)Click ur section properties under finance tab Reverse sign for list box will there here u give Revenue+ and Expense- then see the output.
2)Some ESU is there which have some changes in the BSVW which is used in Financial report that may solve ur problem.

For futher clearence give more details in future...

Thanks Murali. I have summed up TR dividend (which is not having any value) with Profit and Loss after taxation (which is having positive sign) ie.TR Divident+TR Profit and Loss after taxation in the calulation row. Now I am getting the correct result (with positive sign). But still I don't understand why the reverse is not woking i.e. if I give TR Profit and Loss after taxation + TR Dividend in the calculation row, I am getting the negative value.

As our system is B733.1 we cannot apply ESU. That is the reason, I have created my own custom buiness view with simple join between F0901/F0902/F0006. But I don't find any difference in performance using custom business view instead of V8300001. Is there any ideas to improve the performance of the row reports?

Hi..

As i said earlier to improve performance of row report you apply ESU .Thats having some changes in V8300001.How many rows ur using now did ur using automatic row generation .

In ur previous querrey specified only one row, Initially i thought problem may in dividend only .

Anyway ur getting the correct output right ,its good news..
bye ...

Hi

Since it is B733.1, we cannot apply ESU. I heard that the new business view is of simple join. Can anyone please send me the structure of the new business view so that I can create a similar custom business view? Is there any other ways to improve the performance of row reports in B733.1? It takes full 20 mins. Thanks.

Back