Financial Report Writer

HelenL

Hi Everybody,
I need to update f0902 with a value from a calculated field which equals to a sum of two smart fields in a financial report. Which event and field do I need to use for the update? For some reason, I can not grasp the order of events in the FRW. Is there a document on this subject?
Thank you,
Helen

Place the Table IO in the column inclusion event on the last column of the report.
|
Do you really want to update the F0902 directly rather than creating a GL entry? If GL entries are created for that same account and later someone does a repost the numbers add in there will be lost.
|

Thank you, it worked. However, I had to use Do Variable event (?). This is a
Job Cost report and the user needs to make budget adjustments. I can't
create a Journal Entry because it would be a one-sided GL entry.

While the thread is open, does anyone know if/where the FRW documentation exists on the Knowledge Garden?

Sent: Wed 2/18/2004 10:02 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Financial Report Writer

Thank you, it worked. However, I had to use Do Variable event (?). This is a Job Cost report and the user needs to make budget adjustments. I can't create a Journal Entry because it would be a one-sided GL entry.
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to: http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Number=68106

This is the JDELIST One World Developers Mailing List. To stop receiving these messages, login to http://www.jdelist.com/forums, click Control Panel, then click Edit by "Subscribe / Unsubscribe from receiving board posts by email, change message notifications, etc." and adjust your subscription preferences. JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.

RRobinson CPA/CITP,CNE
OW Xe, SP21_G1, AS/400 V5 R1, Windows TSE
Big Ten JD Edwards Users Group
Plymouth, Michigan, USA

Re: RE: Financial Report Writer

HelenL,

Just minute while I take off my Developers hat and put on my Accountants hat.

Your mentioning that, if you created a journal it would be a one sided journal, the inference is that the update you wish to do to the F0902 is also "one sided." In general this is a big "no-no." Depending on the ledger type you are updating it may have to balance.

On the other side, it is possible to enter and post unbalanced journals. I have had to do that to repair the F0902.

Back