Financial Report - Descriptions???

DBohner-(db)

Legendary Poster
I'm working with Financial Reports - and really not liking some of the automation.

My current issus revolves around the DESCRIPTION that is automagically populated, by default, on each row of the report.
I have a report that is sorted by Company, Business Unit, then Object Account. The dollars all match expectations - but... I am having an issue with the descriptions.

On the Section Properties (Tabular Section - since it is a Financial Report), Financial Reports Tab... I have "Financial Descriptions" and "With Keys" checkmarked. When the report runs, the Company Number/Description, Business Unit Number/Description display as expected. HOWEVER, only the Object Account (no descriptions) is displayed. I need to have the Object Account's description populated, too!

An interesting ASS-et to the issue... for testing purposes, I check the Level of Detail Roll-up on the same tab - and all of a sudden I have the correct Object Account and Description populated...

I can't live with the LOD - since it forces LOD Level Breaking, and this client doesn't want the breaking (this report is going to be a CSV for export/import purposes).

Anyone know a 'best' way to provide the correct description (contains Object || Description) for this issue?

(db)

Daniel, is it a big deal to redo the report in a nice Group section, csv formatted? Sometimes financial reports give you one nice thing but mess up four other
crazy.gif

Nope - it's not a big deal to re-do as a Group... I love the simplicity of many of the Financial reports - but, when they hickup - it costs you a day!

As an addition to the issue.... If I add the SUB to the sequence and level break... whala, I get the description again (only, this client doesn't want the sub account - gophigure?)...

The fight to find the perfect is a dead end street... in all directions.

Frankly - if the Financial Report would have given me the Description and the ability to kill the totals... I would have been done in fifteen minutes.

(db)

The pessimist says: can't be worse than that!
The optimist attacks: yes it can!

Note: Pessimism, from the Latin pessimus (worst), is the decision to evaluate, perceive and view life in a generally negative light.

Hi Daniel ,
I have the same issue with Object Description . Here also the client wants at OBJ level . Which approach you followed to get the description .
Thanks
AK
E1 Developer

Back