Financial Report Description

NikiG

Hi,

I am working on a financial report which prints the description of OBJ.SUB. The description of OBJ has "," in its description as per business standard. For ex. - "Marks, Phone and Requirements"
We have CSV output of this report. In CSV, the comma in description is taken as delimiter and half of the description is inserted in second cell.
Like : Cell1 - Marks ; Cell2 - Phone and Requirements.
I tried coding to concatenate apostrophe(') and inverted commas ("") in Do Variable of column. But its still not working.
Please suggest some way to control it.

Thanks,

Double quotes should work. I've just tested it. Make sure, when you open file in text editor such as notepad, the value should be like "Marks, Phone and Requirements".

Thanks Noor.
I couldnt figure out in which event, I should concatenate double quotes. I tried in Do Variable, but its not working.
Please suggest the event.

Is it a smart field you are working with. If so, try doing it in column inclusion? If not, try doing it in the DO SECTION.

Use the Do Section event. In a tabular section, it executes after all rollups, just prior to printing. Do not use the column inclusion event. It execute at each fetch before rollups.

Back