FASTR

Prashant_CA

Hi, I need some details regarding FASTR tool.
1) What are the differennt purpose FASTR used?
2) Can we generate same report through WorkQuery instead of using FASTR?
3) What is difference beteween Coloum ,Row and cell specification?
Thanks in Adance
Prashant <font color="blue"> </font>

Prashant,
=C2=A0
My goodness, you are wanting a whole manual's worth of information in just a few words.=C2=A0 You really need to read the FASTR manual.=C2=A0 But basi cally FASTR is a JDE tool for general ledger financial reporting - Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and such kinds of reports.=C2=A0 Purely general le dger based.=C2=A0 Hard wired to use files like the F0901, F0902, F0911, and the F0006.=C2=A0
=C2=A0
It would be a lot of work to do in WRKQRY what FASTR will do for you.=C2=A0 On simple financial statements/reports, WRKQRY might work okay, but get fa ncier, like with a multiple column Income Statement, FASTR is what you need to use.
=C2=A0
Think of FASTR as kind of like a very fancy Excel Spreadsheet.=C2=A0 The co lumn specs tell what information to print in the column.=C2=A0 That would b e stuff like Description, July 2009 postings, July 2009 budget, calculation column of Actual - Budget, and so on.=C2=A0 The row column specifications tell you what accounts to print on the row.=C2=A0 Say you have an income st atement.=C2=A0 You want your sales g/l accounts to print first in the incom e statement as one row, or maybe a couple of rows.=C2=A0 Next would come ro w(s) for cost of sales.=C2=A0 Then you toss in a calculation row to say wha t is Income from Sales (Sales - Cost of Sales).=C2=A0 The accountants would know how they want the income statement to look like.=C2=A0
=C2=A0
Certainly this means you have to have a good design of your general ledger account numbers structure.=C2=A0 The first couple of FASTR reports to be bu ilt will be the tough ones to do.=C2=A0 Then you get the hang of it, plus y ou can copy existing versions and modify for a new version, rather than hav ing to build the version from scratch.=C2=A0
=C2=A0
Bottom line, FASTR is for financial statement reporting only.=C2=A0 Hope th is helps a bit.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Thanks John for the valuable information. I am reading the FASTR manual. In manual its given that FASTR works on F0006,F0901 and f0902. and you are saying that F0911 also works in FASTR. Pls confirm the same.

I may be wrong about the F0911 also being included in FASTR.=C2=A0 I was th inking off the top of my head.=C2=A0 The file choices are fixed.=C2=A0 So i f you don't see it available in FASTR, you cannot use it.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Back