Fast track learning

soyer

Hello,

I have lot's of NT,TCP/IP,AS400 and ERP experience but brand new to JDE and OW. I will be tasked with migrating from World to OW/XE and CNC Administration. I am interested in getting some advice on how best to get training to get upto speed as quickly as possible. I am aware of JDE training offerings but not sure which classes to take. Do I need to learn World at all ? Anyone who has gone through similar experience please let me know if you have any advice. Thanks.

Probably the best way is to have some experienced help plus training. There
are many pieces to the pie it is a huge undertaking to the untrained, even
on with experience on the AS400. OneWorld is truly a different beast. The
KG is a great place to find information, training and help is an absolute.
If you want to talk call me at 303-740-5500 ask for Scott Whipple.

Go for the classes
"XE Implementation & Installation"
then to "CNC Administration"
then to "System Administration"
then to "XE Upgrade" (make sure to try to find one
designed for upgrade from World...)
then to "Table Conversion"

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING :-----------------------> take your courses in
DENVER. They are the best...

Sami

Erkut ( did I get that right? )
The best place to start would be the excellent Osborne publications "JDEdwards OneWorld - A Developer's Guide" and "JDEdwards OneWorld - The Complete Guide". This will get you started on the CNC, the OneWorld architecture, and Event Rules, OneWorld's bespoke programming language. Then I'd get a copy of the Standalone software and try setting up Data Sources, create a few reports, etc.
On the application's side, the JDE training course, e.g. Finiancial Expedition, are good and not too repetitive. Its would also be worth taking the CNC class and the Deploying Modifications.
However, experience counts for alot in this game as there are plenty of suprises as this forum proves. I would recommend that you have an experienced installer do your first install. Use a standard JDE configuration where possible; World folks became very creative with library lists which OneWorld doesn't use. Get OMW working early, working well.
Good Luck.
regards
Robert Fletcher
DHL
OneWorld 7.3.3.2 SP15.1
AS400 V4R4

soyer wrote:

Back