F986110 TER (JDE Table Trigger)

terillium_dan

JDE LIST,

We are trying to use a solution from a previous post (#50740) where a JDE table trigger (TER) on the F986110 could allow us to automatically print by checking the printer overrides, then calling the "Send Print Request" business function.

Our problem is that we created the TER over F986110 by putting it in an OMW project and having it built/deployed in an update package. The TER will not take affect. We even included some debug code to send a message to the Work Center so we knew the trigger was functioning.

Can anyone give me some help/advice on HOW to get the TER to take affect? I am a developer, but not heavy into CNC, so I may not be able to answer specific questions on how the package was built.

Thanks,
terillium_dan

OW XE or EntOne SP22_L1 AS/400

Most likely, your problem is that the TER is not run, because the actual =
location where the F986110 is, does NOT contain your Trigger.
Basically, because the F986110 is a system file, you need to ensure that =
you deploy the TER to the correct path code.
=20

Re: RE: F986110 TER (JDE Table Trigger)

Hi!
Basically TER runs where the transaction is initiated... Client, Terminal server or Enterprise Server. So it does not depend on where the table is mapped in OCM... However my guess is also that the deployment is missing somewhere. I have seen such things.
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

We experienced the reverse of this when testing a TER on F986110 in DV7333 -- it affected all users, not just those logged into DV7333. The reason is there's a setting in the JDE.INI file under [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] for Default Env and Default PathCode. In our case, everyone's had DV7333 for both of these settings. When a user initially logs in, JDE uses the default environment and default pathcode for some global initialization stuff (which evidently includes F986110). As a result, even though the trigger was only in DV7333, it fired for all users regardless of environment.

This leads me to believe that your users' default environment and pathcode may not have the trigger deployed to it, or at least that's the first place I'd look.

we also faced the same problem, we found in some jde document that F986110 is special system table wich does not allows TER. so we did a work around created a database trigger on F986110 which inserts data in one customize table. the jde TER code is written on this new customize table.

Thanks to everyone who replied ... I will check our JDE.INI setting and double check the update package that was deployed. I think with all of the suggestions out there we'll be able to figure this out!

Dan

OW Xe or EntOne SP22 AS/400

Hi Dan - any luck with the above suggestions??

I'm asking as we are trying the same thing: a trigger on the F986110 to automate printing. It sounds like we're both stuck at the same place. :confused:

Thanks - Tim

Still if you are not able to solve then pls store the table data somewhere and generate the table. After that rebuild the TER use it. It may work. Then populate the old data once again.

joydeep
jde one world xe, erp9

Back