E9.1 Export\Inport JDE Table to JSON

FrankCLT

Well Known Member
Good evening All,

I have a project where I need to export and then import from and to JDE work tables. The format was agreed to be JSON (I had no control). I also don't have the Orchestrator tools set to do this through that.

Are there any options I can look at to even begin something like this?

Thank you,
FrankCLT

I would look at the tools available to you at the database level for creating JSON outputs. For example, you can generate JSON output from a sql query in Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2. Just google generate JSON from <insert database here> and you should be able to find what you need to get started.

I would look at the tools available to you at the database level for creating JSON outputs. For example, you can generate JSON output from a sql query in Oracle, SQL Server, and DB2. Just google generate JSON from <insert database here> and you should be able to find what you need to get started.
Yup this, I know that my sql tool of choice DBeaver allows for export as json.

Interesting choice of transfer format!

Could you try and convert the JSON to XML then run R98403XB?
It's job is to suck in XML and pump it into whatever table it's told to using BSFN CopyXMLToTable (B98403X)

You can export the other way using R98403XA. Only downside of the export is it does whole tables, you can't do where equals XYZ sadly

Last edited:
Yo can use Oracle SQL command, for example:

To export by row: select JSON_OBJECT('ID' is EMPLOYEE_ID , 'FirstName' is FIRST_NAME,'LastName' is LAST_NAME) from HR.EMPLOYEES;

To export all:
select max (rownum) rn, json_arrayagg (
json_object (
key 'col1' value col1,
key 'col2' value col2
) format json returning clob
) as json_doc
from tab;

So, you can use with spool to export to file.

I hope has been useful for you.

Other options, but it's very laborious it's create a batch and create manually the json output. But directly as orchestrator i don't know.

Regards.

Back