F4105Z1 Processing Question

milliron

Hi,

At year-end we need to update about 3200 07 costs from a spreadsheet. I can easily create F4105Z1 records via Sequel. I have found some basic instructions in the Inventory Management manual for the steps I have to take but the information is confusing. I believe that the processing option for the R4105Z1I cost method needs to be IC but I don't know what it should be in the F4105Z1 record - 07 or IC? And I'm not sure of some of the other values that should be filled in in that record. Does anyone have a write-up on "Receiving Item Costs from Inbound Transactions" that gives examples or is more detailed than what's in the Inventory Management book? I have tried a number of combinations of values in my test environment but I either get no messages or error messages that are less than helpful.

TIA,
mary <font color="purple"> </font>

Very easy,

prerecquisite : the item must have the entry to be updated in the F4105 (otherwise R4105Z1i will create an IC cost method).
For you all items must already have a 07 cost method in the F4105. Also see the cost level you declared int he item master, i suppose it is at the Branch Plant level.

Step 1 : Write in the F4105Z1 with only, 2nd item number, BP, cost method = 07, price.
Step 2 : Run R4101Z1i with PO set to 07 (Its only a data selection override).

Fred

Back