F0911 Archiving/Purging

jkeba

Hello,

We are a World customer (CoEx actually) with about 100million F0911 records. We want/need to purge and are looking for some consulting help to lead us through this process. Please reply ONLY if you have done this before.

Thanks is advance,

Jerry Keba

Jerry,

Yes I have done it many times at many clients. From my viewpoint the
process is very straight forward.

Check also previous postings on this list.

More than happy to help just contact me via email.

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 9:58 PM
Subject: F0911 Archiving/Purging

records. We want/need to purge and are looking for some consulting help to
lead us through this process. Please reply ONLY if you have done this
before.

Colin Hugill
Consultant
(World A7.3 cum12)

Piece of cake? I respectfully beg to differ...

It's a piece of cake if you want to get rid of entire fiscal years or periods without regard to integrity with other modules (AP, AR, etc). You can exclude some accounts from the JDE standard summarize/purge process if you want some accounts left in detail... BUT... if you purge GL without regard to the data in other modules (like A/P) you can cause big headaches in these other modules. If you purge a fiscal year in GL and run AP integrities, you're likely to be surprised by the volume of integrity problems that result. AP and other modules look for F0911 detail data to support their reports. So - if you get rid of the F0911 data without already having gotten rid of the corresponding AP data, you're in for a headache.

The HARD part is purging associated data and maintaining integrity.

I'm a software vendor so be forewarned - I'm going to be crowing about my own product for a moment. I have developed, in collaboration with JDE in Denver and several JDE clients, a purge and archive solution for JDE on the AS/400 (World and OneWorld). The biggest advantage of my approach over 'standard JDE' purges is that my stuff supports integrity across modules. So - you purge AP and you get the corresponding GL data. You purge PO's and you get corresponding GL data along with it. You purge GL and you DON'T purge AP or PO related data (for example) because that GL data get's purged in the AP and PO purge processes. My stuff also takes a very conservative approach to purging - any tangentially related document that should be excluded from a purge will cause all other associated documents to be excluded.

When we're all done purging all the F0911 data, we then summarize what's been purged and bring the F0911 back into balance.

Frankly, it wasn't easy putting all this together, but now it's done and available to JDE sites.

If you'd like more information, please go to http://www.arctools.com or reply to this message or to this list.

Back