Export to Excel spreadsheet from JDE World

Eric Lehti

VIP Member
Programs in releases newer than A73 can export JDE World data to Excel spreadsheets.

You can export data from your JD Edwards World system to spreadsheets in these formats: CSV, XML (eXtensible Markup Language) XSD (XML Schema Definition) and TXT (Text) file formats.
You can also import into JDE from spreadsheets.
Read the Import/Export Guide.
If you are on an older release that does not provide Import/Export, you may develop your own function to do this.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your valuable information.

May I ask you if we can also use *.fdf format of files to upload any data from spreadsheet to AS/400 JDE environment? Assume that we'd like to automate our AP invoice entries to simply pressing to one button.. For example there are 100 of invoices waiting to be booked and the supplier is capable to provide us in a spreadsheet database as follows :

Invoice No Date Taxable Amt VAT Amount Explanation

Is it possible to book these invoices in one shot only via data transfer to JDE?

Question 2: For simplifying the process for the standart users , can we put a macro in the data upload document and insert a button. When the standart user press to the button, then the invoices would be booked in Accounts Payable / Manual Invoices...

What do you think?

Many thanks...
Rgds,
Ozgur

You cannot book these invoices in one shot via a data transfer.=C2=A0 Techn ically you could, but you would be missing stuff that the invoice entry doe s, and somebody in accounting would start screaming, because general ledger would be out of balance to A/P.
=C2=A0
2.=C2=A0 You could always develop a macro that a user could click to start the process, but you would need to develop a lot of coding to support that one click, as you have to replicate everything that JDE does in its program ming, and I mean everything.=C2=A0 If you are willing to take the time to d o that, and monitor future JDE patches that may need to go into your custom code, have at it.=C2=A0 Not something I would do, but technically you coul d do this.
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Hi again John,

I asked again to our database admin...He said that our version is = JDE/400 A7.3 00012

Thank you and regards,
Ozgur

Then you will not be able to export from a JDE World screen.=C2=A0 You can always use IBM query to create an output file that you could then use clien t access to download into an excel spreadsheet, but this would be manual wo rk for the most part (not saying it could not be automated).
=C2=A0
John Dickey

Back