Export from UTB to Excel

harikrishna_tm

Can anyone suggest how I can export data of a table from one world to Excel.

Hari

for this you will have to use Table Conversion.......

the input table is the file from which data is to be transferred...

and the output is the already created excel file somewhere in your
directory...

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Nishant Rewri

You can CTRL-C (copy) single rows from utb,
and CTRL-V (paste) them into them into .xls.
I'm not having luck using SHIFT-CLICK or CTRL-CLICK for to select multiple rows.
Gene

You can right click on many OneWorld grids and export from there to Excel.
Find an existing EI grid for the file in question and you can right click on it and export it to Excel. This may or may not have all the desired fields.

Danny McMillian

harikrishna_tm <[email protected]> wrote:
Can anyone suggest how I can export data of a table from one world to Excel.

Create a businessview over all the fields from the table you desire.
Create a UBE (with above BSVW) and all columns in a bottom aligned row format
When run - tell it to print to CSV instead of a printer.

done

(db)
--

Harveyk,

Can you share (for Hari) - how the database output works. By default,
it isn't intuitive - and Hari might need a foot through the door.

(db)

--

Certainement mon ami.

Following exactly the steps that you outlined in your earlier response. However, it is not necessary to put any fields onto your section - you can make the section invisible if you wish. From the Section menu choose the Database Output option. Now in the dialog box for Operation(s) you should have "Insert only" defaulted. Doubleclick Type and you will see the options available to you - choose "Comma delimited file". Click in the Name column and enter the fully qualified name for your file, for example "D:\Interfaces\Output\Example.csv". (Note that you can go to another line an add a second file to output if you want.) Choose the NEXT button. On this screen your target table will have been chosen (if you only have one) otherwise use the dropdown to select. Now doubleclick in the Source section column for the first Target field and select the Section Name, doubleclick in the Source Object to choose a column from your Business View. Carry on in this vein until you have selected all the columns that you want. Now run you UBE and look in your destination folder.

To get a little more complex notice that if you have added any DD items to your section as RV fields and done any calculations or derivations for the RV values, then they will also be available to select in the Source Object dropdown.

You can add additional Sections - using different BSVW's and make these output also - even to the same output file - thereby producing an output file with multiple "record formats".

You can link your Sections using level breaks and the output will alternate between the sections as each is executed.

You can add ER code to your Section to control when (conditional)Sections are called so controlling the output to your file too.

Hopefully that helps a bit more than my earlier response.

I would link the tables to Access and do a Copy-Paste.
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

Hi,

Gergely's solution is simple and works great, except formatting Math Numeric, Currency Decimals and Julian (or jd) Dates.

Converting dates can be solved in Excel, though you have touch each one in each table.

Numeric and Currency values are harder, because you lose the information about their decimal places and each numeric/currency field could have different setting - so you have to covert them one by one individually.

Regards,

Zoltán

Unfortunately, UTB does not support export from the grid (as well as a good many other useful things). I suggest the simple report with CSV as the selected output, as suggested earlier being your easiest, most accurate solution.

Can you tell me what is the database that you are currently using ? If you are using SQL Server Establish an ODBC Connection to MSAccess. Open the Table in MSAccess. Use ALT-F and Export option to export it into Excel. Go Ahead ;)

I wrote UTB and left JDE three years ago.

UTB had a lot of potential. However, once UTB was live, management did not want to invest much more time enhancing it (too many other priorities.)

Since I've gone independent, I've developed a new product called Data Access Studio that does everything everyone wanted UTB to do (and more). This includes the ability to export to Excel.

If you are interested, please check out www.dominionsoft.com.

Back