Expensed Item on BOM

Jeff_MontAssoc

Hi all. We're running XE Update 3, implementing Financials, Distribution, and Manufacturing.

The client has a grinding wheel (probably 40 to 50 of them) they want to plan through MRP. They issue the wheel in bulk (1 wheel satisfies many WO's) and want to expense the item at that time. My issue is they do NOT want the cost of the wheel to appear in the higher level item's cost. Finally, the client has an iron clad rule: No Mods.

My suggestion was to not expense the wheels, but to include them on the BOM for planning and costing purposes. However, this was met with resistance.

Any experiences like this out there? Or any ideas? Or better yet, any solutions?

Thanks,

Jeff
[email protected]

Hi Jeff,

When performing a cost rollup, a specified cost type is used of the components to calculate the parent product's cost. This a processing option of the Cost rollup program. For instance, you define that you always use cost type 07 as base for the cost rollup. You can define other cost types for the components to be used when shipping the bulk for instance.

I would define for the wheel, a cost type X with a cost of zero. This type is then used in your cost rollup. The actual cost has a different type.

Please let me know if this meets a bit your expectation.

Back