ESU does not appears

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there

Applied ESU in PY and PD and was able to see that the object is changed by ESU number when do assembly in PY, but when i assembly package id PD i dont see ESU number apply to the object? Please see screen shot for detail.
Does it means ESU did not apply properly in PD abd the object will not work same in both environment? I believe it is something to do with merge specification check box but need to know the detail. Thanks

AD

Attachments

• 183685-ESU.png
    183685-ESU.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 32
Adeel,
Look in the F9861 table for one or more of the objects that was delivered with the ESU with PDxxx in your environment QBE line. Then look to see if it was updated by the ESU.

You can go further by doing a code compare between the ESU and you production pathcode. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback, as i attach the screen shot i do not see the Esu IS applied in PD and also confirm that the suggestion you gave to check the table also have missing ESU in PD. My question is what situation ESU dont get apply in PD?

Thanks
ad

Did you select PY and PD together and try to apply them together? If yes, I've seen where this does not always work and the only environment that the ESU gets applied is to the first environment selected.

Check the R98700 Spec merge report for PD and it will tell you which objects were added or replaced by the ESU.

You can also re-apply the ESU to PD and before applying go into the advanced setup exit and set all objects to forcefully apply if this is what you want

Hello there

I totally agree with walker we have other environment and then it happens to us, it does not create project in the omw if you choose option called create project in OMW.
but this is not the case this time. Ice,
I use change assistant is there any option i can choose to do that instead of PD Advanced Get optoin? I heard if i uncheck the merge spec in change assistant the ESU will work fine but i did not try yet aND YES object datetime is older than object compare with PY. so ESU did not apply in PD.

Thanks
Ad

Hello again

Does anyone know how to reset the package ? I get message in change assistant saying "skip or already applied" in fact i see table F9861 the ESU does not show in object. I tried using uncheck the spec merge did not help.

Any idea what i am missing? the ESU shows in DV and PY objects are fine.

Thanks
AD

Back