Escape sequences in UBE - E8.9

koudy

Hello,
has anyone an experience with printing reports, which are using escape sequences, on lineprinters (in particular Epson LQ-670) in E8.9? If i try to print the report immediately, escape sequences are printed too (e.g. ESC E for bold font is printed as character E, escape character  isn´t showed). I tried to run this report with output to CSV and then send this CSV file to the printer. Result of this was, that escape sequences were interpreted correctly and the text was bald. Where the failure could be? My colleague did the same on ERP 8 and there was everything OK.

Thanks for help
Koudy

New deduction - Escape character (character 27 in ASCII chart) was changed on character Substitution (character 26 in ASCII table). I have found this, if i tried to print on virtual file printer instead of ordinary lineprinter. Any idea?

Thanks
Koudy

how did you get the esc into the line printer text? I seem to recall this working when cutting and pasting from a text file with the esc sequence in it into an RDA text constant worked for me. I just don't remember what release it was... :)

Back