Escape Sequences in UBE Output

Darryn

We are implementing a TROY digital image solution for our AP cheques. In order to have the digital signature overlay on the print out, escape sequences have to be sent to the printer to a) select the image, b) position the image and c) print the page. My question is how do I get the sequences coded in RDA? Alt-027 isn't accepted. Or is there another means to accomplish this?

Thank you.

OneWorld 8.0, AS/400 (I'm brand new to this system and don't know all of the intimate details yet)

In other instances you can use a C function to assign the escape sequences to your string. You create a string variable in your UBE. You assign this variable to a parameter in your C function. The C function will populate that variable with the desired escape sequence.

But, in this case I don't think it will work well because the resulting output is PDF.

In other cases we have created business functions that actually send output to the printer (instead of UBE) like a Zebra printer for labels. That type of printer also requires special characters to print properly.

Unless it is merged with PDf i dont think the escape sequence will work. maybe you can check some api in Abode and see if you send it to the output stream of JDE PDF.

Scott,

I am honoured that my post caught your attention as I have spent many hours pouring over your articles in JDETips.

First, I have written the C BSFN to create a string with escape codes (\033) in it. I am testing it now to see if I can get it to work as I am much more experienced writing NER than I am C. My thought is that I will then configure my UBE to produce PCL output which will then be sent to the printer.

As for your BSFN that sends directly to the printer, have you published anything on that or are you able to share any more details?

Thank you.

D

Darryn - did you get this to work for you? I am attempting the same thing. I want to send an escape sequence in my report UBE to change the paper tray mid job.

Would you be so kind as to share the C function you wrote with me?

thanks
Sheen

Back